How to make the soft keys light upTips

1. paulbonner

paulbonner Well-Known Member

If you've got a Warp, you may have noticed that the soft key lights seem to have a mind of their own. They light up sometimes when you don't expect/need it, and other times stay off when you when they on. Many early reviewers have mentioned this as a problem.

The lights appear to be controlled by the proximity detector. Hopefully a future update will adjust the algorithm so they light up more predictably, but in the meantime, you can turn them on anytime you want (assuming your phone is on and unlocked) by covering the area to the immediate left of the earpiece (the silver, perforated thing at the top middle of the screen) with a finger or thumb. They should light up almost immediately when you do so.

Advertisement
    :
    ronk734 likes this.
  2. limited

limited Well-Known Member

Interesting, I wonder if there is a setting somewhere or an app that can force them to work all the time. I don't have the phone yet so I can't test it out.
  3. treyweez11

treyweez11 Active Member

cover the sensor at the top by the boostmobile sign
  4. freesunshine

freesunshine Well-Known Member

Is it just me or everyone else? When I put my finger on the boostmobile sign and hold it, it locks up the screen. I don't know if anyone ever need to use this "feature" but I guess this is a "tip". :)
  5. paulbonner

paulbonner Well-Known Member

Yeah, the same thing happens with mine if I'm actually touching the boostmobile symbol. But if all you want to do is turn on the softkey lights you don't need to touch the symbol -- you can just hold your finger near above the area between the symbol and the ear piece.
  6. aladdin99

aladdin99 Well-Known Member

You are covering up the light sensor. The proximity sensor is on the right of the speaker. You can test this by setting your display to auto dim. When you cover to the left of the speaker the screen will dim and the captive buttons light.

EDIT:
    Yea feel pretty stupid. The notification LED on the right. The proximity/light sensor is on the left.
    The light sensor does control the captive keys however.
    gjohannes likes this.