How to make update notification go away?

1. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

I checked to see if the OTA was available last night, it was. Now I'm getting hounded about applying it, but I'm on Darkslide and know that's not happening.

Do I delete the update.zip on my sd, or what's the solution?

Advertisement
    :
  2. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

From what I remember, you need to rename a file. Its something like updater.apk (or similar) to updater.bak
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Guys,

Moving this thread to the all-things-root sub-forum since you can only stop the OTA from nagging you whilst rooted.

Also, check-out binary visions post re. this from a while back:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/302544-gingerbread-news-2.html#post2477562

where he says:

"If you want to be sure, use Root Explorer or a similar application to navigate to /system/app and rename BlurUpdater.apk to BlurUpdater.bak. Boom, no more update.

If you've modified your system, the update will fail and not change anything anyway... but to be sure, just rename the apk above and it'll remove the update capability entirely."

Cheers!

edit: also, I believe the filename is actually (now) BlurUpdater_VZW.apk

edit: by the way, there's also a BlurUpdater_VZW.odex file...not sure if that needs renaming, too...?
  4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Throw your phone in a pool. Done deal
    FragDroidX and scary alien like this.
  5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

6. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

I just went ahead and let it try to update itself which resultd in a reboot, failure, and the nagging went away. Done.
  7. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

You should've tried my method. Its foolproof.
  8. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

I should not have read this while drinking a red bull.........