• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to make your own boot animation the super easy way

Not working for me. Found a video clip that i wanted for my animation. The video converter didnt give me an option to covert to .png so instead a took screenshots for the duration of the video. i got about 100 images. I put 98 into part0 and the other 2 into part1. (i did try and mess with these figures a little bit) With the boot animation tool it found the files and i changed resolution to 540x960 as my razr supports then dropped the fps to about 8. Added infinite (0) loop and saved. preview looks great. pasted file after i renamed it to bootanimation.zip into my system/media folder and rebooted. Only get black screen. Tried then to make it only loop once since it was posted that it could be to long. Still wont give animation.

EdIT: I had the animation created with the default resolution and fps and it did come up... Hmmm

Upvote 0
I'm thoroughly lost at this point.. everything I can find says the resolution for the Razr is 540x960 but every time I use this resolution, no animation will play. I tried to enable this resolution size on another animation I didn't make (had to be sure it wasn't user error and yes the desc. file is showing 540 960 XX) and it stopped playing again. It's really odd. I've looked thru the desc. files on animations from the different ROMS I use on my Razr, and they all show 540 960. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones