• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone.

Another stuck at motorola logo here... damn.

If it means anything, when I tried to do the commands:
cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/done_frame/* /system/framework/
the cmd prompt said:
cp: /sdcard/done_app/* No such file or directory
cp: /sdcard/done_frame/* No such file or directory

Good thing I can boot to stock recovery, select reboot system and the phone boots back into clockwork...

nandroid is HUGE at this point in the game
cool.gif

Yep now you know what its all about. "Recovery":D

And that says it all.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm rooted on 2.2, everything goes fine, i enter all the commands at cmd but when I'm at the last line, I enter "mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system" and it says, "Device or resource busy".

Anyone know what to do? I got this message one time already today and it resulted in a boot loop, don't really want to have to deal with that again. What do I do?

My phone is in USB Mass Storage mode, I followed all directions exactly...

Upvote 0
Phone needs to be in Windows Media Sync Mode... whatever the second one down is, cant remember.

Just tried this, getting the same message. Anyone have any ideas? I can't figure out why this works for everyone but me. This is my third attempt, and of course each attempt after Nandroid takes near an hour...

Right now I'm in that Windows Sync mode or whatever it's called, the 2nd option down, got through the whole process, I'm on the last mount step and it's saying "Device or resource busy".

If no ideas how to make it work, any idea how I can exit this process without going into bootloop? It takes forever to restore from Nandroid EVERY time I try this...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Could anyone help me with the command prompt part?
Don't know the location where the commands are suposed to go.

Did you find your answer?

You have to be in the jar folder with your command line. Your cmd line should look something like c:\Downloads\xultimate-v2.2.2\jar>

As mentioned before the easiest way to do this is to boot the phone into recovery mode using Rom Manager after you get done with xUltimate. Then mount system and sdcard. Then run the commands and all will be fine.

Reactions: Phone Gnome
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones