• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] How to manually flash a recovery image (via fastboot OR from SD card)

Meant to say I definitely appreciate all the replies and suggestions!

Nope, USB 2.0 on a Win 7 Home Premium laptop...I'd even had switched to a regular vs combo eSata/USB port to see if that was causing it. And I can run fastboot devices to see my device so the fastboot appears to run ok. Still it's probably is something staring me in the face!

I've checked all I can think of and read to check: fastboot, proper dll's and img file in same dir (tried the wrong name and it showed couldn't find the img file - proper name it starts processing it and errors out), fastboot off, debugging mode on, I'm in fastboot usb mode, I can see device with fastboot, hmmm...what haven't I checked or at least forgot to list?

Shoot, think I just may try unrooting and starting over for the heck of it. Like said, if nothing else I'll learn a little more. Just as long as I'm not back here with new, more serious issues, lol!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones