1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How to manually turn off voice and/dataSupport

1. pieq314

pieq314 Well-Known Member

Hi,

With Android 2.2, I only see an item to turn on/off wi-fi, or flight-mode (which turns off all wireless services). But I would like to do the following as well:

1. On the Galaxy Tab, I want to turn on or off the tab's cellular data service. How can I do that?

(reason: when I am at home, I do not want to accidentally use my small data plan. The Tab sometimes has trouble connecting to the wi-fi and automatically connects to data service)

2. How can I turn off voice service without using the flight-mode? (My tab is the European version so that it has regular phone functionality).

Even if you are using the American version, you can still answer this question if you have a regular Android phone: That is, my question is: how do you turn off voice service but leaving other wireless connections on. This should be possible because I could do it on my old Windows Mobile 6 phone.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Maris

Maris Well-Known Member

On the Tab if you long-press as if you were going to turn it fully off, one of the menu selections is to turn of data mode. However, Isn't that the same as turning on plane mode and then turning back on the wireless only? That's what I do to save battery when I know I'm going to be on wireless for several hours to avoid it searching for cell signals. Works a charm.
  3. pieq314

pieq314 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I will give it a try.
  4. brian1234

brian1234 New Member

You can turn on or off your galaxy tab by using the following options.Menu > Settings > Wireless & network > Mobile network >Tick/untick