• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to mark all emails as read?

I think some of us are talking about the default android mail app, and some are talking about the gmail app. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like either one allows a "mark all as read" option.

I don't have any programming experience, but seems like an odd thing to leave out. Argh.

Upvote 0
There is a way to delete all emails via the Incredible's default email app. Steps are below.

1. Go into email app
2. Hit Menu button
3. Choose Delete
4. On Delete Screen, hit Menu button again
5. Select 'Mark all'
6. Then click Delete

This will delete all your emails from this account on your phone.

Haven't found a way to mark all as read yet though - that definitely would be nice!

Reactions: cdnowak
Upvote 0
agreed Cradical - i am coming from a BB as well and feel the same way. Love my Incredible in almost every way but missing the "mark prior opened" tool a lot.

possible problem here - who do we complain to? Google can fix the Gmail app perhaps, but the "Mail" app is HTC, correct?

anybody know of links where we can document that we want this feature?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones