how to mark all emails as read?Support

Last Updated:

1. lewisqic

lewisqic Member This Topic's Starter

I've been playing around with my Incredible for a bit now but I still can't figure out how to mark all emails read in the default email app.

Anyone been able to figure this out yet?

Advertisement
  2. bryanlee81

bryanlee81 Member

I would like to know the same thing. i need a way to mark 50+ emails as read at once.

3. NiteRider

NiteRider Well-Known Member

Good question. I need to figure this out as well.

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a way to mark all as read. The closest think would be to hit the check box on all of them, hit the menu button and then mark selected as read.

5. omgitswes

omgitswes Well-Known Member

you give it to someone who wants to look at your phone and make them go through and click all the emails.
    that's what i did

6. janeway

janeway New Member

I have been trying to figure out the same thing and was really hoping there would be a suggestion on here :)

7. Doc_Stew

Doc_Stew Well-Known Member

still no solution? you've got to be kidding me!

8. hoyajake

hoyajake Member

yeah, this is killing me. i want to use this for work and it is very annoying.

is there a different email app that does this and is also good? i have heard very mixed things about K-9... is there anything else out there?

9. viperboy

viperboy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, there is no way to mark all read. As it was said before, check as many as you want and than Menu > Mark Read. There is no select all in that menu, but a deselect all... I want to wizz on whoever designed the GMail app.

10. hoyajake

hoyajake Member

I think some of us are talking about the default android mail app, and some are talking about the gmail app. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like either one allows a "mark all as read" option.

I don't have any programming experience, but seems like an odd thing to leave out. Argh.

11. Mystakilla

Mystakilla Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a 'select all' option to also delete multiple emails at once, rather then going down through and check marking. I hope this can be fixed somehow in future.

12. mrchambo

mrchambo Member

Agreed, Multiple email deleter should be addressed in the next release, if not sooner...

13. boardtc

boardtc Active Member

Not seeing the checkboxes on my HTC legend. This is a very desirable feature for me with my spamfilter clientside so checking mail via imap I can see all the spam and would like to be able to mark all read. Another vote for this functinality to be added!

14. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

It is annoying at times but I've found that I can just "clear notifications" if I don't want to read them, go to my email program on the computer, and then they get marked as read. No multiple select from what I can tell.

15. boardtc

boardtc Active Member

@bjanow not sure I get you - how can I clear notifications for spam and not real mail? I want to be able to see there is mail, read the good ones and then mark all read so I don't have to go into the spam one by one to get them marked as read.

16. bburzzycki

bburzzycki Member

I will add myself to the list of really wanting a Mark all Read button - even on my blackberry it was hard to find at first but it was there..

I recieve a pile of emails a day and would love to mark them quickly and move on vs. one at a time..

17. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

there's no multiple select in the htc mail app. i have it set up for activesync so i just mark the messages read on my desktop. would be nice if there was a way to do it from the phone though. my moto droid had it.

18. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I was wondering the same thing. I start with the earliest message received and then use the "up" arrow in the native app and can zip thru all the above emails in no time flat which marks them all as read quite quickly from one spot. Still not ideal however.

19. B-rad

B-rad New Member

There is a way to delete all emails via the Incredible's default email app. Steps are below.

1. Go into email app
    2. Hit Menu button
    3. Choose Delete
    4. On Delete Screen, hit Menu button again
    5. Select 'Mark all'
    6. Then click Delete

This will delete all your emails from this account on your phone.

Haven't found a way to mark all as read yet though - that definitely would be nice!

cdnowak likes this.
  20. CRADICAL

CRADICAL Member

very frustrating.... "mark prior opened" was one of my favorite tools on the blackberry.

I still love the incredible more though... hehe

21. hoyajake

hoyajake Member

agreed Cradical - i am coming from a BB as well and feel the same way. Love my Incredible in almost every way but missing the "mark prior opened" tool a lot.

possible problem here - who do we complain to? Google can fix the Gmail app perhaps, but the "Mail" app is HTC, correct?

anybody know of links where we can document that we want this feature?

22. golfer0305

golfer0305 New Member

23. starstuff

starstuff Member

I believe B-rad's solution also deletes the messages from your Gmail account. I wish there were a way to get these messages off my (BRAND NEW!!) Incredible without deleting them from my Gmail account.

24. starstuff

starstuff Member

Moments later, I find this works for me:

1. Go to email account
    2. Menu: More
    3. Move to
    4. Menu
    5. Mark all
    6. Move to (button at bottom of screen)
    7. Select "[Gmail]All Mail"

25. JesseGRCDD

JesseGRCDD New Member

Actually, gmail lets you select "mark as read" its the mail app that does not let you do that and it drives me nuts because I like using the mail app more than the gmail.