How To Mod your WM8650 Tablet

Last Updated:

1. devizes18193

devizes18193 Well-Known Member

works great expect no sound unless i plug headpones in any ideas

Advertisement
  2. hddroid

hddroid Member

What tab are you using i mean any pics or some thing..?
    green led..??
    [​IMG]
    Please Tell
  3. evoker52

evoker52 New Member

I guess I am just impatient. After trying several I found that 15 worked for my WM8650. Market accepted my account.. all is well.. great job!!!
  4. icoultha

icoultha New Member

New to the device and the forum. I eagerly anticipate trying this upgrade with the SD readt to go. But a couple of questions before I brick it:

About reports:
    WonderMedia WM8650 (but it's a 10" iPad looking version)
    Android version 2.2
    Kernel version 2.6.32.9-default
    Build number generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.043830

So is this one that will take this ROM upgrade and would I still seelct number 27?
    Is there an option for a later Android version?
    Will this allow this to be seen as "compatible"? Some apps seem to need to comply with a compatibility statement like Chase mobile bank, wundergound app for weather, etc. I would expect that as openware it's all at your own risk.

Thanks.
  5. hddroid

hddroid Member

Please help my touchpanel is still off see my previous quotes i have my tab's detaills and a snap please please
  6. Arraart

Arraart New Member

Hi, I am new to this forum and also to this device, I got it during Christmass and I am upset that it is kinda slow and that market does not work. So I am really glad, that I have found this threat.

I would like to make this flashing/rooting/uprading of my device but I am scared doing it due to some reponses in which people describe that their device stopped working after this acction.

My device specs are:
    Model Number : WonderMedia WM8650
    Android Version : 2.2
    Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9-default
    Build Number : generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.103830

So I would like to know, If someone with same or simmiliar device done this action with succes and if you had probloms.

Arraart
  7. jb007nic

jb007nic New Member

I got an 8 inch e pad from lightinthebox
    (lightinthebox)/8-inch-Epad-VIA8650-800Mhz-Android-2-2-OS-Tablet-PC_p189752.html

Number 15 worked perfectly, thanks :D
    Targetme likes this.
  8. DroidElle

DroidElle New Member

Worked great for me too! First try was 27, then 10, but 7 worked for me!!!
  9. jb007nic

jb007nic New Member

I can't find the Real Android Market on this update, any ideas where it is?
    It's not on my list of apps.

Do I have to install something else to get it?
  10. Robsuu

Robsuu New Member

Hi! When i try to install new operating system with some of the 7"'s numbers they instal fine, but the touch screen won't work. What is the problem?
  11. Cameronia

Cameronia New Member

Same cofig; tried 27,2,10,32,1,11,15,7 w/o success; let me know what works for you
  12. Arraart

Arraart New Member

Hi, I managed to get my Android Market work again so I did not flashed at all. Need to say that flashing is just for lazy people who do not want to do things for themselves so they just download this file as the easiest way of fixing their tablet.

I suggest to you browsing teh internetz to find out some bugs/errors of your tablet.

Arraart
  13. davidphiliplee

davidphiliplee New Member

Hi All,

Has anybody experienced a senario where the root works perfectly but wireless network cannot be connected to (after using RT3070 flag)? It can detect my network and I can see from my router logs its accepted. But when attempting to connect, the tablet just says failed (after attempting to obtain IP address).

On pre-rooted android wireless could be connected to. I modified various router settings such as AES/TKIP, WPA/WPA2 etc but nothing worked.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I went through all of uberdroid options and found 26,27,28,30,31 worked but had this same problem.
  14. LG0808

LG0808 New Member

I have just bought a mini laptop running android 2.2, and it has the WM 8650 CPU. So I was wondering if this rom also works on a non-tablet device, because it hasn't got a touchscreen. Has anybody already tried this?
  15. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB Member

I suggest you keep trying and trying to connect, mine will connect to the internet but it is very hit and miss - and it very rarely connects immediately.
    It is very frustrating but it does indicate that my configuration is correct.
    I'm guessing there is some clash with other devices hooking up to the wireless network.
    If I get anywhere with it I will post back...
  16. jb007nic

jb007nic New Member

My wi-fi is horrendous on this tablet, will only stay connected for 2 mins max, then you have to disable and reconnect even when right next to the router. I have tried a range of channels to no avail. Any advice?
  17. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB Member

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have trouble getting the connection but once it connects it stays connected. I did install the App 'Wifi Fixer' which gets praised in other threads/forums. I was able to upload it onto my PC and then transfer it to the tablet using the USB attachment.

I don't know if it makes any difference but it may help you.
  18. zynder

zynder New Member

Will this work on my MID device?

Here are my specs:

MID 7" Tablet With SIM Slot (Call and Text)
    Android Name and Logo at the back.
    Green Light, Red Light when charging.
    Can Connect to PC via USB

Model Number: Wondermedia wm8650
    Android Version: android 2.2
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-default
    Build Number: generic-eng2.2 froyo ver 1.5.3-20110920.043830

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  19. jholloway

jholloway New Member

Did the Rom flash to my wm8650 wondermedia 10 inch screen bought from a happy deal in China. The system boots up but it freezes at the UBEROID screen. Does anyone know what number I should select?
  20. teocy

teocy New Member

Hi, thanks for the wonderful instructions. I managed to get my tab to work on the #7. One little problem - the battery widget is always 100%! I have tried many battery widget, the same problem! Pleae help. Thanks
  21. paskuniag

paskuniag Member

I have a white WM8650 with the green LED. Used 27 and it is working fine. It's like a Hyundai with a Hemi engine. Thank you from an NJRaised!
  22. harlock59

harlock59 New Member

hi,

u have to check for the sku label on the back, if it is uu00015 you have a mid M009G you have to use the option number 59 on the selector.
  23. Targetme

Targetme New Member

I have an 8' screen and well cant find one that works with 8'. Any ideas?
  24. M00_cow

M00_cow New Member

Hi Guys,

I also believe that I have an 8" model, and installing this firmware creates a strange visual duplication problem, where I can see the top bar twice, and touch doesn't respond at all. Any ideas?

Edit: Installed an 8" version, and now the touch screen simply won't respond -.-
  25. icoultha

icoultha New Member

Mine is basically a brick now despite following the directions at the top exactly. Saw the Android guy pop up and then went away, no progress bar, nothing. Left for a while
    and zip. Any ideas?

When it worked, about reports:
    WonderMedia WM8650 (but it's a 10" iPad looking version)
    Android version 2.2
    Kernel version 2.6.32.9-default
    Build number generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.043830

Is listed as a MID U102.