• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Mod your WM8650 Tablet

Great stuff, to all involved. Worked perfectly! I picked up three of the Wm8650 netbook style last weekend for $100 at the fleamarket I was told they were childrens toy, needless to say they most certainly are not.

Mine says it's a Model x6-7v on the bottom but in the "About Device" it says Model Wonder Media WM8650. It's option 79 in the uberdroid device list... Thanks again. Great work! Gotta love the power of open source!

Upvote 0
Can someone provide me with a valid link for the WM8650.7z file mentioned on page 1?

Actually I only want to root the device to run the battery calibration software, but from everything I read there's no simple way to root this device without loading a new ROM.

Ah sorry it's been too long since I've visited here.
You'll be glad to know that there's now a tool for installing the ROM and it's hosted by the coder so it shouldn't get taken down any time soon :)

Download | Diabetu's Tools Page

This is about the only way to root, yeah.

I was wondering what battery calibration software you're talking about? afaik battery calibration depends on the battery and firmware and in mine I think it's just major crap. Not much to be helped I guess.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I'm new to the forum..hope you can help me with my Wm8650.

I read over your thread to MOD this tablet? To be honest, I am not a techy so I have no idea what MOD does. What I do know at this point are 2 things.

1) It came with the Youtube app but it won't load anything..either with wifi or ethernet connection.

2) Biggest problem is I went to the market to install a bible app and it won't install any. I've tried like 7 of them and none of them will install.

I put a 4GB card in it today. Does that have anything to do with what it will download and what it won't?

I would really like to understand the MOD process so as to know if I should for sure try it. This tablet is the closest thing I will probably ever have to a high dollar iPad so I don't want to risk messing it up.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Meadowstruckin

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for your link,it's helpful and my old M009S is alive again.Apart of the one thing: downloaded from the market skype doesn't work properly - it suspends when logging in and then stop. I can't log in so - that's the problem.Maybe you or anybody else here faced this problem already and know how to fix it?

Upvote 0
I have a MID-U102 10" tablet that won't boot correctly. I have tried options 18, 19, 24, 36, 37, 39, 47, 48, 49, 52, 53, and 54. For 18 - 49, the screen flashed once and didn't do anything else. 52 - 54 it flashed like it was going to boot up, then it said "WM8650 Uberoid2.2 Upgrade Preparing, Please Wait...", and stayed on that screen for over 30 minutes. Thinking maybe it wasn't the right one, I moved on to the next, but none of them did anything besides 52, 53, and 54.. But they did do more than the others, I'm just not sure if I waited long enough or if it is totally bricked and I'm just wasting my time or what... PLEASE HELP?!:thinking:

P.S.
I tried a few more options after I posted this. I tried 99 (This one gave me a different message... "WM8650 Android2.2 Upgrading..." and stay on this screen for 45 minutes or longer), 124 ("WM8650 Uberoid2.2 Upgrade Preparing, Please Wait..."), and 125 (same as 124). I also tried options 10 (flashed that it was creating evn something and flashed back off), and also 22 (gave me the "WM8650 Uberoid2.2 Upgrade Preparing, Please Wait..."). I found someone having the same issue I am in this post, but they actually got their MID-U102 working. Am I totally missing something or should I give up?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones