How to modify Main Screen?Support

Last Updated:

1. Observer1

Observer1 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having trouble modifying the main screen.

At the moment it shows the Sony Ericsson logo, and 4 "Apps".

How do i change that Logo, and Change my choice of Apps on the main screen?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Is the logo on the wallpaper? In which case just change the wallpaper, Menu>Wallpaper and have a look at what you have in the Wallpaper gallery.

You can remove the app on your screen by long pressing on them til they vibrate and then drag them to the bin that appears at the bottom of the screen.

Any apps you have in your app drawer you can then put on to your main screen by long pressing til it vibrates and then place it where you want it.

If you long press in a blank area of screen then you should get a pop up menu to place widgets or short cuts on there too.

Have a fiddle, when you delete and put in the bin you are only getting rid of the shortcut not the app so you can't break anything!

3. Zlanu

Zlanu Well-Known Member

How do you permanently delete an app?

4. rosered

You can't if its preinstalled unless you root your phone... out of my comfort zone but sure you can find more in the All Things Root section or over on XDA.

If its one you have downloaded then go back into the market and select downloads and it gives you the option to uninstall.

5. Zlanu

Zlanu Well-Known Member

Should've rephrased, is there an easier way to do it? Lol.

6. rosered

There is a work around.... whilst you can't get rid of pre-installed apps you can use ADW launcher and then create your own App drawer in which you select what you want to see, so if the 5 Moxier Mail icons, quadrapop, wisepilot and various other bits of bloatware annoy you by filling your drawer, you deselect them with a tick box and when you open your drawer they are gone... hidden from sight.