How to move APPs to Ext SD CardSupport

Last Updated:

1. madhubabuk

madhubabuk New Member

I am trying to move some of the applications to SD card. But funbook is allowing only to move to Internal SD card (2GB)

Can some one suggest how to move APPs to EXTSD?

2. kumar abhishek

kumar abhishek Well-Known Member

There are some apps that are not moveable to extsd...
  3. madhubabuk

madhubabuk New Member

I know few are not moveable... But when I tried Angrybirds game, it is moving only to internal SD. No option of external SD.

I have also tried few applications like APP2SD. all those application treating IntSD as SD card. They are not recognising ExtSD.

I could move Angrybirds to ExtSD in my Galaxy Y (android 2.3). I did not observe any Internal SD in Galaxy Y. Is this Internal & External SD is new in Android 4.0?
  4. kumar abhishek

Funbook has internal memory 2GB so u neednot move apps to external sd. Btw have u mounted any sdcard?
  5. ninadchaudhari

ninadchaudhari What's up !

if it has 2gb internel why is moving needed ;)
    but still if needed,
    sure you can use link2sd ( i think it must work fine with 4.0 -- i have never tried it ;) )
  6. madhubabuk

madhubabuk New Member

I have mounted 32GB MicroSD. It is showing as ExtSD under storage section. I want to move some of the games & non-critical applications to ExtSD to make internal memory free... so that the tablet can run faster.
  7. akhilkapila

akhilkapila Member

Why are you all bothered moving apps to Ext SD or SD the funbook has enough memory to accomodate a lot many apps.

I was working on moving games cache data which is really big in size and i have succeded to a little bit of it.

Try going to the post below as i have written it there already i didnt wanted it to write it again

[Q] Micromax Fun Book Development? - Page 7 - xda-developers

It really works.
  8. Santoshsk

Santoshsk New Member

Today I bought 16GB microSD card for micromax funbook. I also installed App2SD. But I am also facing the same problem as "madhubabuk". All apps get transferred from internal tablet storage to internal SD card instead of external SD card !!! :( Then whats the purpose of buying microSD card ???
  9. saivignesh

saivignesh Well-Known Member

internal sd is only for apps
    lol 2gb is not enough for apps
  10. hanut1

hanut1 Active Member

Guys 2 gb is enough for apps ...just the problem u can face is for cache of hd games .
    It wil only work from internal ....btw if u want yo dtore apss nd game cache in extsd then u can swap the sd from extsd ...procedure is posted here : Funbook
  11. sudiptaid

sudiptaid Well-Known Member

I cant move any downloaded video to ext sd card.. Even i cant sew ext sd card by root explorer
  12. kumar abhishek

Go to mnt<sdext and u have entered external sd card
  13. rmanojandroid

rmanojandroid New Member

guys i too facing the problem with extsd card. In storage section extsd card is identified. But it is not shown in app-android assistance. Also unable to move apps to extsd using tools in app-android assistance. any suggestion please?
  14. pradyumnacster

pradyumnacster New Member

15. Saif kazi

Saif kazi Active Member

16. neerajthegamer

neerajthegamer New Member

dowload script from

works well, i tried