• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to move events in my calendar (to another calendar)

ninjakyle

Apr 23, 2010
Indiana
www.kyleheimann.com
I have 6 different calendars for different categories. They all show up with their own color. I can't figure out how to change the event calendar. Like add a work event and then add a vacation event. I can add an event in any category (calendar) but can't switch it.

also, I would like to make the default alarm to be off when adding event (lowest I can find is 5 minutes for default)

Am I missing something on any of these?
Thanks

Which calendar app are you using, the HTC or the stock? In HTC calendar when I create an event there is a pulldown that allows me to choose which calendar to add it to. My problem is that if I forget to change it when creating the event, I can't change it later. At least I haven't found a way to change it short of going to the calendar online and changing it there. I have to delete the event and re-create it in the correct calendar.

Setting the default reminder to none would be nice as well, but it doesn't look like it's possible.

Upvote 0
Which calendar app are you using, the HTC or the stock? In HTC calendar when I create an event there is a pulldown that allows me to choose which calendar to add it to. My problem is that if I forget to change it when creating the event, I can't change it later. At least I haven't found a way to change it short of going to the calendar online and changing it there. I have to delete the event and re-create it in the correct calendar.

Setting the default reminder to none would be nice as well, but it doesn't look like it's possible.

My workaround in HTC mail app: Select your event (long press), select SHARE/via SMS from dialog and send yourself a message. When the message is recieved you'll have an option in which of your calendars you'd like to import shared event. Now just delete the original one.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for the tip about being able to move events between calendars, androiodist. I see Business Calendar is now credited to Appgenix Software instead of Mikado Software but I think that's just a name change. Anyway, as I recently moved from Hero to Sensation I have been wanting to move old calendar events from the Hero's My Calendar to the Sensation's Google Calendar -- and at last have a solution. Woopee!! :)

Upvote 0
I'm replying to this for the simple fact, I came across this issue myself. When I use Google for an answer, this comes up.

I have found that if you.. 1. Select the event 2. Press the menu button 3. Select copy event. This will give you the option to change the calendar of the event. Then you can delete the old event in the calendar that you want to remove it from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones