• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to move from droid to incredible

jlaurie

Lurker
Nov 17, 2009
Hi,
My incredible should be here soon and then giving my daughter my droid. What's the best way to move everything over. Can i just move my sd card over. Are my contacts and calendar automatically on gmail and will transfer? Is there another better way to back up and then reinstall?

What will happen if I just take the current sd card from the droid and just move it to the incredible? all pics, notes, and maybe some apps move? Maybe less running around to find paid apps again?

Your calendar & contacts will sync on your Inc if you use the same gmail account that you were using on your Droid.

If you have pictures, music, etc. on your sd card, and you want to keep those, then the simplest way is to just switch the sd card over to your Inc when you get it.

Nothing bad will happen if you just switch the sd card.

All of the paid apps that you have on your Droid will be easy accessible for re-downloading in the Market from your Inc. That is as long as you use the same Gmail account.

Reactions: jlaurie
Upvote 0
For your apps and their settings, you should try using a backup program (eg. Titanium Backup). Not sure if that will work across different devices, but you could just do a factory reset and try a different approach.

For your text messages, there's an app called SMS Backup and Restore. I don't know how you could salvage your call log, if that's important to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones