How to move game files from device to sd cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. beewoo

beewoo New Member

Hello android community,
    I tried to move the game file to my sd card from my device but then the app keeps on trying to look for the file on my device. For example, madden 12 needs additional data. I move the data from my device memory and put it on my sd card. But when i try to play it, it keeps on trying to look for the files on my device. Is there any way to fix this? All help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

I dont think you can. I have found these devices difficult to put files and such where you want them. Dont get me wrong, I love my sgp 5.0 but the operating system seems like it has a ways to go yet.
  3. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

I'd love to find out I'm wrong, but as far as I can see, unless you can redefine where the game looks for files in the game itself, no. iSyncer, for example, lets you do this.

The trouble is that Samsung has designed the system to treat the internal memory as the SD card. Your SD card is actually mounted as a sub-folder to the internal memory. I suspect Samsung did this to make it so that they didn't have to care whether a particular device had an SD Card or not, since they have both types of models. Developers just think in terms of "SD Card", but the Samsung system has redefined what that is.

As I said, I'd love to find out someone has a work around, but I haven't seen it yet.
  4. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

The whole OS just seems impossible to get it to do things the way you want. I am no expert by any means, but it just seems that way
  5. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

What are you trying to get it to do? This is pretty standard Gingerbread as you would find on any Android device with Android 2.3.5.

I'm just trying to figure out if your complaint is with Android or the Galaxy Player.