• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to move note pad data to PC .

You probably have not heard about the phone if you are not from India . Name of my phone is " Intex Aqua Wonder " .

Check on the /sdcard whether it be internal or external for anything relating to notepad. If its there, which it may not be, it may be nested under something like android/data/notepad or similar. If not present on sdcard, it may be present @ /data/data or similar location which may not be readily accessible for r/w without root.

Upvote 0
By using " ES file explorer " I can access the apk of the note pad app and a file named notepad.odex . But I am unable to find the location where the note pad app is installed .

The directory the apk lives in will not help much. Either the data is accessible somewhere on the sdcard or it lives elsewhere in which case you likely won't be able to intercept it without root. Unless there is functionality built into the app to save notes to the cloud (in an interpretable form), or to convert and export to a more commonly used file type, you are not in a good position for collecting data from the device proper.

Upvote 0
Only options available in the app are " create " and " delete " . I think the app is a stock android app . My mobile has android 4.1.1 . Is there a way to make a backup of the app and then install it in an another mobile with its data( texts ) .

Well, there is Helium and an adb backup. I can't say what method Helium uses, they may be one in the same not sure. Even if you could use one or both, I'm not sure about your ability to extract the data into usable, readable information. Since it's essentially entered text in this case, there may be a chance. You can find info regarding recovering/extracting adb backup data in various sources. Couple threads to get you started:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2660085

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34586491

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones