1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

how to move photos to sd card without computer/service on phone?!Support

1. krazyme080707

krazyme080707 New Member

i just got my service switched from my droid but cant figure out how to move my photos to the sd card now. i got this phone from a friend so i have nothing to connect it to the computer with is there any way to do this without having service on the droid?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Well-Known Member

What? If you're talking about photos taken with the camera, they're already stored on the SD card, under DCIM -> Camera.
  3. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Put the sd card into the computers card reader.
  4. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

As mentioned, if the photos are from the camera, they are already stored on the SD. You can either use a card reader on a computer, or use Wi-Fi (which still works even if the phone no longer receives service) and upload it to Google Docs.

If the photos are in the on-board storage, the only step that you may need to add before this is use a file manager app like Astro (again, you can download it via wi-fi) and transfer it from on-board storage to the SD card. Hope this helps! Peace!
  5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

You can transfer via WiFi without an intermediate service. You can access network shares with a file manager.

If a machine has BT you can transfer via BT as well. There are countless possibilities for transferring between the SD card and a PC.
  6. try6

try6 New Member

Can you transfer droid 3 pics to a kiosk? can u transfer droid 3 pics to a thumb drive/portable drive without a pc? What a pain to transfer to pc then to a flash drive to print on a kiosk. Can't do online cuz pics are blue from droid 3 and need correction. Anybody figure the best way to do this?
  7. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Dropbox and Astro.
  8. jfearing

jfearing New Member

You all are making no sences. The question asked was if you have taken pictures & they are stored on your phone. Are you able through the phone to tranfer them from the phone to the SD card or do you have to use Vcast, WiFi, ect?
  9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

The Motorola DROID (the original DROID, released November 6, 2009, aka DROID 1 aka OG DROID only stored photos taken from the phone's camera to the SDCard.

They are already on the SDCard, they are not in any sort of internal memory. The Original Motorola DROID had 256 MB for app installations, and 256 MB for RAM, and the 16 GB SDCard.

Are you sure you mean *this* phone Motorola Droid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, or do you have another DROID branded phone, such as the Droid Incredible, Droid 2, Droid 3, Droid 4, Droid Charge, etc?

If so, you've inadvertently posted in the wrong forum - but no sweat, it happens.