How to move pictures into another folder on the Rezound without a computer?Support

1. KittiesGoRuff

KittiesGoRuff Member

So I downloaded some pictures off Google to use as a background, but they are still in the downloads folder. Is there any way I can move the pictures to a different folder?

I also don't want to have to connect my phone to the computer every time I want to move a picture. I didn't have to with my old Galaxy S Vibrant.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You could use a file manager like EStrongs File Explorer, free in Market/Play Store :)

Harry
  3. KittiesGoRuff

KittiesGoRuff Member

Aww so theres not file manager on the Rezound itself?
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Well, I think so, but EStrongs is better :)

Anyway, for just to move files your stock file manager will do.

Harry
  5. KittiesGoRuff

KittiesGoRuff Member

Thats the problem though, I cant find the stock file manager.
  6. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

Just download ES File manager. Best file browser in the Market.
  7. KittiesGoRuff

KittiesGoRuff Member

OKay two people recommended the same thing so I downloaded it. Thanks!
  8. Dmark44

Dmark44 Well-Known Member

Estrongs is definitely the way to go. I love being able to directly access our external hard drive at home with as well as move things on the phone itself.
  9. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Astro is another free file manager that you might consider. You might also consider using a different picture viewer. One to note is QuicPic that allows you to copy and move your pictures from folder to folder.
  10. chknhwk

chknhwk Well-Known Member

No version of quickpic has ever allowed me to do that, weird. I use control folder as it allows me to create and name folders, as many as I want in the paid version. I think you're limited to five in the free version.
  11. olbriar

That is odd indeed. I'm certain I'm using the regular QuickPic from the market. If I mark a picture, hit the move icon, I'm looking at a dir of my tree and can put the marked file or files where ever I choose. I can even create a new folder from that menu. Pretty handy.
    chknhwk likes this.
  12. chknhwk

Sweet! They must have implemented that with the latest update! I've never seen that before. Of course I have been running it for about two years and four different phones, that feature may not have been supported in my other phones...
  13. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

I use root explorer..
    but then I guess it's only good if you are rooted. lol
  14. olbriar

Quite likely. I never used it prior to the Rez. Someone here recommended it so I gave it a whirl and liked. I've not tried another so it might not be anywhere near the best... no idea. But, it does what I want it to do with relative ease.
  15. chknhwk

Yeah I checked it out, it's pretty sweet. I just can't navigate the root folder. I'm trying to put one of my downloaded pictures into the stock wallpaper folder. Meh, guess I'll have to use ES File Ex for that.
    Side note, does anybody know WHERE the stock wallpaper folder is and can I just move pics into it?
  16. ssurfer

ssurfer Active Member

Xplore is another you can check out. supports lan and box/dropbox/sugarsync also. 2 pane view source and destination by swiping