How to nandroid backup?

Last Updated:

1. graywolferis1

graywolferis1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've looked on google, but they mention nothing of the eris, I want to be sure how to nandroid backup for the eris so I don't screw up while rooting.

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

You make a nandroid after its rooted and after you've installed the amon's recovery image. Just boot into recovery mode and make a backup, it takes about a minute or so and when its done you'll have a complete back up of your phones internal memory. If you ever mess things up down the road when flashing a rom you can always recover and reflash it with one of your backups to get you back up and running.

3. dusthead

dusthead Well-Known Member

even with how many times all over the site people said to do it...i ****in forgot just when i was going from 1.5 to rooted 2.1....couldn't believe it.

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Yeah i did a backup right after the amons recovery image was installed, at least then if i messed anything up with the flashing of the new rom i'd be able to restore it back to that point and go from there.

5. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I though I read somewhere that you can have multiple Nandroid backups? For example one for each rom?
    If true, how do I do this?

I just did my second backup, but still only see one for me to restore....

Edit. Nevermind. I was just looking at the folder that contained both backups inside...

6. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member

Just create them from inside recovery mode. Afterwards, look in your SD card for a "NANDROID" folder. You can rename each one to remind you which ROM is which. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Sorry, missed your edit. I apologize for the redundancy.