1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tips How-to Netflix on A100

1. fonewiz

fonewiz Well-Known Member

***USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK***
    ***Worked for me but I can't say if it will work and/or cause problems on your device***

The info and basic methods and files for this post was found at:
    [DEV] Netflix patch for Asus Transformer - xda-developers

Here is what I did:

1- You will need to have root access to your A100 Rooting Iconia A100 Made Easy
    2- Install Netflix from the market, the app will work to browse movies etc but will fail when you try to play video.
    3- Download the Netflix patch zip file to your computer or Tablet and extract it
    4- Find the file libnvomx.so from the extracted zip files and replace the same file on your A100. The file is located in /system/lib/. Would be a good idea to rename the original first.
    5- Reboot your A100
    6- Enjoy Netflix video

I have included the exact Netflix APK I am using in case any updated versions in the future break this fix. The version of Netflix is the one I installed directly from the Market a few days ago. If the version matches, just install it from the Market. Either way, I would try installing from the Market first, if that doesn't work, uninstall, then install the APK I have attached.

Version of Netflix Attached below is: Version 1.3.0, Build 246, July 20, 2011

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    Lennatron likes this.
  2. mmeyer4663

mmeyer4663 New Member

Thanks for this!
    My Acer A-100 now does as much as my Sensation! LOL!
  3. bakura82

bakura82 Member

Netflix came with my tablet and works without a hiccup. Is there something unique about this APK?
  4. fonewiz

fonewiz Well-Known Member

At the time this was written, Netflix did not work out of the box on the A-100
  5. bakura82

bakura82 Member

Ahh. Thanks!