• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Odin and Galexo ROM

Is this information usefull?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, well for a fresh start in the morning I reconstructed what you explained and I had what you explained the android 1.0 etc,

When I uninstalled the incorrect driver I then toggled USB debugging off/on and “Unknown Device” appeared again in device manager then I updated to the correct driver,

Sorry i did not reply sooner i dont get emails for edits,

Upvote 0
To see if adb is working then connect the device with debugging on then open a command prompt cd to the tools directory and run: adb devices

This will list the device if it is connected properly

i would also have device manager open when you are starting in fastboot to see if you can see the driver that needs updating

Upvote 0
Thanks! This worked seemed to work perfectly (installing Galaxo from 64-bit Vista) but Superuser (and VPN that relies on it) doesn't seem to work. It just hangs. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again to everyone involved, here and on HDBlog.it!

its already logged on as superuser, thats just a whitelist i believe

do it doesnt hang on mine though, reboot the device and see if it still does it

Upvote 0
Hi All ,
I am trying to install galexo but I am stuck on apply sdcard: update.zip .
Get E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip(No such file or directory) I can see the file on the sd card so is it ok to use the command "Apply any zip from sd" ? thanks
:thinking:

no

when it says sdcard its meaning the root location of your internal galaxy memory
not an aftermarket sdcard.

the reason for this is because the galaxy has 8gig internal sdcard and it refers to the mountable sections as /sdcard

i think you must be putting it on you additional microsd card

Upvote 0
Hi Rastaman,
Sorry I went to bed before I saw your reply, ok for the no , and yes I do realise it is the internal card, have been reading, rereading all the posts on rooting for a while so as not to have to trouble you with questions. I did not find root location on the internal sdcard so I created a root diretory file and put the update zip in there (obviosly not right). Could it be that windows vista is hidding the file on the sdcard and that is why I can not see it .I know I saw it there using "astro" on the phone.

Upvote 0
Ok have done that on vista thanks Rastaman, re-downloaded retried still get E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip (bad). Think I will give up for today try and grab a few last rays of sun outside and think over where I am going wrong :( Back later on perhaps:)
thats odd, im wondering on whether you have drive encryption enabled on vista and its affecting the file

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones