2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Who Cares

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. devan963

devan963 Active Member

Ok, well for a fresh start in the morning I reconstructed what you explained and I had what you explained the android 1.0 etc,

When I uninstalled the incorrect driver I then toggled USB debugging off/on and “Unknown Device” appeared again in device manager then I updated to the correct driver,

Sorry i did not reply sooner i dont get emails for edits,
  2. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

No unfortunately cmd never seems to get past "waiting for device" and fast boot then just boots normally. And i definately have the correct driver installed too.
  3. devan963

devan963 Active Member

To see if adb is working then connect the device with debugging on then open a command prompt cd to the tools directory and run: adb devices

This will list the device if it is connected properly

i would also have device manager open when you are starting in fastboot to see if you can see the driver that needs updating
  4. spottyelephant

Yes! Ok, so adb was working and detecting the phone fine, but the fastboot driver wasnt there. Successfully flashed that now so going to continue on here..
  5. devan963

devan963 Active Member

Glad to hear it, difficult part over... I hope,
  6. spottyelephant

Mate, we're up and running on galaxohero :D. I cant thank you enough for the time and effort spent troubleshooting this for me, thanks so much.
  7. devan963

devan963 Active Member

Glad to hear, it is easy to do its just those drivers are a real pain in the A$$.
  8. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

good news well done
  9. ravinag

ravinag Member

thanks so much for the instructions. it was a smooth install. I picked the IH8 rom and then decided to move to galexo. It hangs on the boot screen for ever. Should i move to II5 first before installing galexo?
  10. spottyelephant

Yep, you need ii5. I was on ih8 too and changed to ii5 first. Galaxhero (from what i understand) is built to work on ii5, so id say that's your problem.
  11. ch424

ch424 Member

Thanks! This worked seemed to work perfectly (installing Galaxo from 64-bit Vista) but Superuser (and VPN that relies on it) doesn't seem to work. It just hangs. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again to everyone involved, here and on HDBlog.it!
  12. Rastaman-FB

its already logged on as superuser, thats just a whitelist i believe

do it doesnt hang on mine though, reboot the device and see if it still does it
  13. ravinag

ravinag Member

perfect. It works. I think it is best to explicitly state this in the instructions. Thank you all for you help and thanks to GalexoHero folks for the best customization on android.

cheers.
  14. devan963

devan963 Active Member

15. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Hi All ,
    I am trying to install galexo but I am stuck on apply sdcard: update.zip .
    Get E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip(No such file or directory) I can see the file on the sd card so is it ok to use the command "Apply any zip from sd" ? thanks
    :confused:
  16. Rastaman-FB

no

when it says sdcard its meaning the root location of your internal galaxy memory
    not an aftermarket sdcard.

the reason for this is because the galaxy has 8gig internal sdcard and it refers to the mountable sections as /sdcard

i think you must be putting it on you additional microsd card
  17. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Hi Rastaman,
    Sorry I went to bed before I saw your reply, ok for the no , and yes I do realise it is the internal card, have been reading, rereading all the posts on rooting for a while so as not to have to trouble you with questions. I did not find root location on the internal sdcard so I created a root diretory file and put the update zip in there (obviosly not right). Could it be that windows vista is hidding the file on the sdcard and that is why I can not see it .I know I saw it there using "astro" on the phone.
  18. Rastaman-FB

when you open up the internal card on the pc its the defaut place it opens, you do not need to create any folder

if for example it opens k: the you would put update.zip in K: so it would read in windows k:\update.zip and you would do the same for ii5
  19. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Ok thanks since I am getting "Can't open /sdcard/update.zip (bad) so i guess my files are corrupted so am re-downloading files, will keep you informed on progress
  20. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

I have noticed there is no G.apps backup on the V0.4.2 could this be the problem ,should I follow Drakaz's instructions or do I just skip G apps backup and continue with your instructions. Sorry thourght I had it all under control before starting but am now a little confused
  21. Rastaman-FB

on another note. in vista do the following
    go to folder options > view > hide extentions for known file types. untick it
    make sure its not saying update.zip.zip
  22. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Ok have done that on vista thanks Rastaman, re-downloaded retried still get E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip (bad). Think I will give up for today try and grab a few last rays of sun outside and think over where I am going wrong :( Back later on perhaps:)
  23. Rastaman-FB

thats odd, im wondering on whether you have drive encryption enabled on vista and its affecting the file
  24. informale

informale Well-Known Member

This guide is missing a very important point - how to backup the original recovery image? Or is it restored if I flash back the original O2 II4 firmware?
  25. Rastaman-FB

its restored when you flash back on