1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How to Open MSIE Favourites .url files in Android?

Last Updated:

1. yvolk

yvolk New Member This Topic's Starter

Recently I've started sharing most often changing files through the free Dropbox service. Now I'm easily syncing files between my two PCs (with Windows 7) and my Android phone.
    Naturally, I'm syncing my Microsoft Internet Explorer Favorites folder (which has almost 4000 .url files in some hundreds of folders). I do see and I can browse all these bookmarks (as files) in file manager (I use Astro on Android), but I can not Open them :confused: (i.e. I can not see target Webpages in Web browser).
    I made a search and didn't find ANY Android application that can do this without some additional steps (export/import...), yet the .url files are VERY simple, and it's very easy to extract URLs from them and to use them directly without any conversion. (I think that actual programming of this application would take some hours including documentation search...)

So, my questions:
    1. Does anybody know about such an application that can OPEN original MSIE Favourites (.url files) from SD Card of the Android device?
    2. Do you think you use such application if it will be free?

Thank you,
    --
    Yuri

Advertisement
  2. popovski

popovski Member

I would like to know too!

3. ZiDroid

ZiDroid Member

stuntzurl does exactly that and it's free.

4. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

If you can export the html file, you can place it on your SD card. Then create a browser link and the html file will show up as a browser page (I have it as my browser home). Ends up looking like this (after some editing) and all bookmarks are clickable:
    [​IMG]