• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps how to open my app from html link?

I found this bit of information which I think should be helpful:

Use an <intent-filter> with a <data> element. For example, to handle all links to twitter.com, you'd put this inside your <activity> in your AndroidManifest.xml:

Code:
<intent-filter>
    <data android:scheme="http" android:host="twitter.com"/>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
</intent-filter>
Then, when the user clicks on a link to twitter in the browser, they will be asked what application to use in order to complete the action: the browser or your application.

Upvote 0
thanks, how about direct open my app without prompt an options to user, possible?

I don't think that's possible; to my knowledge, at least, the user has to have the option of using your app or their browser. They can, however, tick the box to Always use your app for those URLs. I don't believe there's a way to override that behavior - probably for security reasons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones