• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to overclock Xperia X8?

Hi 2 all! I am new with all those stuff, i rooted my phone about 10 minutes ago for the first time, and now i want to unlock full potential of his processor. What is the easiest, and safest way to overclock Xperia X8? I am noob, so, use simple words to explain :D:D:D

Simple as possibly put:

1. IF you have STOCK kernel (you haven't unlocked the bootloader and flashed a custom kernel), you can overclock via module - x8oc.ko. Google it and read through the thread on XDA. When you find a stable frequency just insmod it in hw_config so it can be applied on boot instantly. Some ROMs have this already included, so be sure to check if it's already there.

2. IF you have CUSTOM kernel (you went through the dangerous process of unlocking the bootloader, assuming the code below the battery ISN'T 11w29 or above, or else you risked a hard brick [dead phone]), perhaps the simplest way is then to use No Frills CPU control to adjust your clock.

Any questions? :)

Upvote 0
Errrrrrrrrrrrr... I won't do this, don't want to burn my phone... One more question: I rooted my phone using SuperOneClick. Now i can't download anything from the Market. I cleared Market update, i reset my phone to factory settings, nothing... I browse the market, and when i want to download something, it popups "Your application will be downloaded" or something like that, and then nothing. Now i don't know what to do. I looked here, but nothing was helpful. :(

Upvote 0
Errrrrrrrrrrrr... I won't do this, don't want to burn my phone... One more question: I rooted my phone using SuperOneClick. Now i can't download anything from the Market. I cleared Market update, i reset my phone to factory settings, nothing... I browse the market, and when i want to download something, it popups "Your application will be downloaded" or something like that, and then nothing. Now i don't know what to do. I looked here, but nothing was helpful. :(

You can't burn your phone with this, I never heard of a single occasion the CPU melted for anyone. The worst thing that can happen is that your phone reboots once the critical level has been reached. And then the clock returns to normal. Don't put the insmod command into hw_config until you're absolutely sure the clock level is stable.

As for the rooting, I had the exact same problem. Just put any custom ROM on the phone and the issue is solved. With this not only you solve that problem, but get a newer system, more internal memory, faster phone blah blah...

I use FroyoPro v2.5. Nine months and no bugs encountered. I highly recommend it but there are other ROMs that are also great. That's for you to experiment :)

Upvote 0
You can't burn your phone with this, I never heard of a single occasion the CPU melted for anyone. The worst thing that can happen is that your phone reboots once the critical level has been reached. And then the clock returns to normal. Don't put the insmod command into hw_config until you're absolutely sure the clock level is stable.

As for the rooting, I had the exact same problem. Just put any custom ROM on the phone and the issue is solved. With this not only you solve that problem, but get a newer system, more internal memory, faster phone blah blah...

I use FroyoPro v2.5. Nine months and no bugs encountered. I highly recommend it but there are other ROMs that are also great. That's for you to experiment :)
Thanks man, i will! :) Phone in Froyo 2.5 installing process right now.

Upvote 0
Thanks man, you helped a lot!!! I installed Froyo, but i didn't like it, has some bugs (camera and bluetooth doesn't work) so i installed GingerXperia (Picture bellow) i am happy now, works AMAZING and FAST and have that cool look. :) And now-back to my first quiestion: i saw there is CyanogenMod settings, AND i saw there options like CPU settings and Overclock and Undervolt. How to manage those things without screwing the phone? I read there that Undervolting is for extending battery, but can be that combined with Overclock (i think clocked processor might need more power, right?)

Attachments

• screenshot-1365717468551.png
    screenshot-1365717468551.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
Depends on your phone. Mine for example can handle UV really well, but kills itself almost instantly when I was to try to OC.

Now you probably have a stock kernel. Whatever changes you do with it won't have any effect unless you're using modules. Modules are basically extensions of the kernel, and can offer you something the original kernel couldn't. They are possibly already included in the ROM, so you should check that out first.

When and if you have/don't have them, check these two links:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1042929

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1020313

... and start experimenting. Don't worry if your phone reboots a few times before finding the optimum. And don't insmod the unstable settings until you're absolutely sure there are no reboots.

When you're ready to unlock your bootloader, check this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1549696

But be aware - unlocking the bootloader can kill your phone. Read the instructions VERY carefully.

Upvote 0
Yes, i think i have a stock kernel. Here are screenshots of my system and process entering into setting for overclock, this actually might help... :)

Attachments

• screenshot-1365717468551.png
    screenshot-1365717468551.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 77
  • screenshot-1365756360218.png
    screenshot-1365756360218.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 98
  • screenshot-1365756372266.png
    screenshot-1365756372266.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 94
  • screenshot-1365756389393.png
    screenshot-1365756389393.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 82
  • screenshot-1365756401399.png
    screenshot-1365756401399.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 98
  • screenshot-1365756435287.png
    screenshot-1365756435287.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones