• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps how to package/release library project

usml

Dec 28, 2009
I'm working on a widget that can be plugged in to any screen you have. Something like this in your main.xml layout:
<LinearLayout ...>
<MyLibraryWidget .../>
<YourWidget ... />
</LinearLayout>

"YourWidget" is whatever your application displayes, for instance a game. "MyLibraryWidget" is what I (or other developers) provide you, for instance it can be a clock, an email notification, or anything in that nature.

The library project seems tobe the best way of doing it, as specified here Developing In Other IDEs | Android Developers. But I don't see an easy to package it -- it is easy to reuse a library project for myself on the same Eclipse. But how do I make it easily available for other developers? You can't make a .apk file from library project. You can't use jar file for that purpose -- it won't work as specified in the document.

It seems to be a serious overlook by ADT designers.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones