• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Partition SD card?

I think A70 doesn't have magnetometer. Does compass works without it?

hey..guys plz help me
i am using micromax a60 and i root my phone using z4 root... and i did not install any custom rom... now i want to partition my sd card ...i download the room manager but when i click the partition my sd card then it show me phone list but their my phone is not listed..:-(
so tell me how it to do using rom manager.... or any other option to do it...

"rom manager" cannot partition the sdcards (although i've never heard of "room manager")
to partition your sd card you need to download the freeware MiniTool Partition on your pc and install it on your pc and format and partition the sd card through it.

follow this instruction step by step...

1.download the file from here-[App] Link2SD - xda-developers

2.install the app

3.download the partitioning tool from here-http://download.cnet.com/Partition-W...=dl&tag=button

4.install the above software on you computer

5.now connect the phone via usb to your computer and mount it....

6.start the partition wizard application on your computer

7.select the mounted drive

8.right click on the device and select resize

9.resize your sd card to a suitable limit and leave some unallocated free space

10.now select that unallocated space and right click and selct modify

11.now select the format option of ext3 from the drop down list

12.now come to the home window of th software and on the bottom left side you have an option called apply the pending changes,select that.

13.after the changes have been applied exit the application and then dismount the drive

14.power off the phone and then remove the sd card once and then reinsert it again and restart he phone

15.once you are done with that,start the application link2sd and then you are ready to go....link the application you see to you allocated ext2 partition .....

CAUTION!!!!

1.do not link any system app
2.don't link widgets and home launchers like launcher pro or adw
3.and don't link any antivirus app...

go on enjoy freeing up space in the internal memory

Written by borax12 @ xda-forums

Upvote 0
I don't think partitioning your sd card is difficult. Its very simple- Switch off your phone and Boot in recovery mode by pressing the home and power button. Leave the power button but keep holding home button. Then a screen appears with ! mark, press up button. Now you are in recovery mode. There you'll get lots of option like: Reboot system now, USB-MS Toggle, Backup/Restore, Flash zip menu, wipe, Partition sdcard, etc. You can scroll using Vol buttons and Select using menu button. Now select "Partition sd card", Next select Partition sd then set swap size= 0MB as it is useless, Set ext2-size= As you want and confirm thats it. It so simple.

Upvote 0
I don't think partitioning your sd card is difficult. Its very simple- Switch off your phone and Boot in recovery mode by pressing the home and power button. Leave the power button but keep holding home button. Then a screen appears with ! mark, press up button. Now you are in recovery mode. There you'll get lots of option like: Reboot system now, USB-MS Toggle, Backup/Restore, Flash zip menu, wipe, Partition sdcard, etc. You can scroll using Vol buttons and Select using menu button. Now select "Partition sd card", Next select Partition sd then set swap size= 0MB as it is useless, Set ext2-size= As you want and confirm thats it. It so simple.

i try it many time but it does not work

Upvote 0
"rom manager" cannot partition the sdcards (although i've never heard of "room manager")
to partition your sd card you need to download the freeware MiniTool Partition on your pc and install it on your pc and format and partition the sd card through it.

follow this instruction step by step...

1.download the file from here-[App] Link2SD - xda-developers

2.install the app

3.download the partitioning tool from here-http://download.cnet.com/Partition-W...=dl&tag=button

4.install the above software on you computer

5.now connect the phone via usb to your computer and mount it....

6.start the partition wizard application on your computer

7.select the mounted drive

8.right click on the device and select resize

9.resize your sd card to a suitable limit and leave some unallocated free space

10.now select that unallocated space and right click and selct modify

11.now select the format option of ext3 from the drop down list

12.now come to the home window of th software and on the bottom left side you have an option called apply the pending changes,select that.

13.after the changes have been applied exit the application and then dismount the drive

14.power off the phone and then remove the sd card once and then reinsert it again and restart he phone

15.once you are done with that,start the application link2sd and then you are ready to go....link the application you see to you allocated ext2 partition .....

CAUTION!!!!

1.do not link any system app
2.don't link widgets and home launchers like launcher pro or adw
3.and don't link any antivirus app...

go on enjoy freeing up space in the internal memory

Written by borax12 @ xda-forums

ya...i done but when i put the memory card in my phone its always show damage memory card.

Reactions: RoyalEagle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones