1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

How to PASTE copied data into Goog Voice txt msg

1. cognus

cognus Well-Known Member

i'm sure this is ez but can't do.
    I copy a web address from Dolphin, I need to paste it into GV text message. I see no option for pasting anything.
    I put the address/ contact in, then go to "Type/Compose" field for typing my message, long press, no options other than "Edit", but nothing there [ie I was expecting a set of edit-options, one of them being "Paste"].

read the manual... ha! the manual [android manual] says "go to the field you wish to paste data into and paste it there". !! :rofl
    no info about HOW TO paste anything there.

help me pleeez

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Not sure if this will work, but sometimes you need to tap into the text box first then do the long press.

I don't use GV for texting though so no idea if this will work for you just something I noticed with other text fields in Android.

hth
  3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Yup, a quick tap first then the long press will work.
  4. cognus

cognus Well-Known Member

nope.
    no matter what, I get two main options "Edit Text", and "Input Options", neither of which is meaningful.
    I get the same two options whether in Gmail, Handcent, or "Messaging".
    The phone is an Optimus T, Froyo.

not very useful vs real computing, eh? I have no clue what's the issue. one would think that Android would control such. :confused:
  5. alostpacket

Are you sure you have it copied to the clipboard? Have you tried pasting somewhere else? I'm wondering if this is a Dolphin problem rather than 3 other programs...
  6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

^ This (standard troubleshooting). If you don't have the paste option, I'd consider the copy operation to be suspect. Trying to paste into other apps will help to narrow things down.
  7. cognus

cognus Well-Known Member

AHA! I told you I wuz a dummy on this... Turns out Dolphin has two copy functions. I was trying to copy a URL as 'text' and that does not work [still dunno why... seems like it would]. Different "copy URL" 'button'. Did that and it worked just right.

thanks for pushing me.
  8. alostpacket

cheers, glad it worked for you :)