how to play AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV and more on Android phone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. khalil20089

khalil20089 New Member

thanks a lot, appreciate your help:)

Advertisement
  2. happyemily

happyemily New Member

great topic, i like this post so much, like this forum so much, from here, i can learch so much
  3. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

I like QQplayer a lot it plays everything I've ever given it, (I've not tried anything HD, max was high bitrate SD the 2x700mb avi xvid movies) and it's free with no internet permissions or ads.

The update to it in the market made it stop working for my inspire for a few months, so I had to use an old version. I just installed new from market today and it works again. Still keeping that old apk just in case. I really like the new screen brightness swipe gesture.
  4. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Galaxy S played most formats I through at it, I never felt the need to install another player.

The only issue I can remember was the inability to handle 5.1 encoded MKV files, thankfully the SGS2 video player does not have this problem.

But the best 3rd party players available are Moboplayer, Diceplayer and Rockplayer which are very much required on my Asus Transformer.
  5. vishaljain

vishaljain Member

Hey i tried all the players, but was not able to install any player on my hone. i have 72 mb free memory on phone....wht may be the reason.
  6. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

Which phone do you have, and how exactly you are trying to install these apps?
  7. BIGDROIDFAN

BIGDROIDFAN New Member

I have a glaxy s phone my self.. I only load .avi files onto my phone. Memory card. And i play it with no problems you dont need to convert..
  8. I think the poster just want to find an video player app to hold all kind of video formats.:D
  9. Janet55

Janet55 Active Member

Or else could use the converters, such as Handbrake and aneesoft, both works fine for me on videos conversions.
  10. basar

basar New Member

Is there a WMV plug in for Android tablets to play video files directly from web sites? I am not neccesarily looking for a Video Player, but rather a way to play a WMV file directly from a website that uses WMV file format?
  11. StoneBoyTony

StoneBoyTony Well-Known Member

If you need already converted movies you can fallow my profile here
    Is for Android phones like Samsung Galaxy Mini 320x240 pixels and up.
  12. internalaudit

internalaudit Member

Any android player that can play RMVB files? Thanks in advance.
  13. internalaudit

internalaudit Member

Lots of complains about requiring access to location and other sensitive areas though StoneBoyTony. I checked out MX Player and so far so good.
  14. immobile

immobile New Member

You would be suprised what can happen by simply changing the extention to mp4.
    That Will do it for you on a number of the players...
  15. smileemily

smileemily New Member

i try you method, and change my mkv file extention to mp4, but it still fail to play it on my android phone, is there some special setting?
  16. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

i know .m4v works fine with default google player on iconia a500/501
  17. mlg2919

mlg2919 Well-Known Member

I must admit to be confused!! I have an HTC Rezound and would like to add and play the MTS video files created on my Sony HX1000 camera. Should I uase a converter (handbrack, aneesoft) or application on Rezound (qqplayer, moboplayer,diceplayer, mxplayer, rock player)?:rolleyes:
  18. dro420jr

dro420jr Active Member

i havent read all the way through so im just putting this out there, try MX video player, it plays a large variety of video files, subtitled videos, even along with flash vids
    mlg2919 likes this.
  19. mlg2919

mlg2919 Well-Known Member

Tried MX Video. It will play the MTS files with no problem on Video, however audio stops part way through. Will have to play with settings, butthis is by far the best video player and easiest to use.
  20. dro420jr

dro420jr Active Member

Yeah Mx Video Player does the trick, it seems just recently it got popular but i've been using it for almost two years now and havent switched to any other player since.
  21. ShaMagus

ShaMagus Member

I want to watch hd movies on my sgs2 and wonder how i can do it. Is it possible to drag and drop lets say a 1080p .mkv file directly to the phone using doubletwist and avoid the transcoding to keep the original format? If so, how? Thanks in advance :)
  22. VibrantGalaxyS

VibrantGalaxyS Active Member

I agree with all the people who recommend MoboPlayer. This works great on my Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S.
  23. akshayika

akshayika New Member

mobo player not installed my phone...some errors occured....will displyed..
  24. chinmoy das

chinmoy das New Member

you can use MX video player which is beast till now.
  25. ColtsWalker

ColtsWalker Well-Known Member

I just finished reading this entire thread. Here is a summary of the video apps people have suggested above:

* MoboPlayer
    * RockPlayer
    * Vital Player
    * VPlayer Pro
    * ARC Media
    * QQplayer
    * Diceplayer
    * MXPlayer

It is a nice list. From the posts in tread I have gleaned that QQPlayer is free, doesn’t have ads, and doesn’t require intrusive permissions.

How about the others?

People that use the others if you could please share if they are (A) Free, (B) Have Ads (especially note those with push ads) and (C) require internet permission?

Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.