• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to play AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV and more on Android phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like QQplayer a lot it plays everything I've ever given it, (I've not tried anything HD, max was high bitrate SD the 2x700mb avi xvid movies) and it's free with no internet permissions or ads.

The update to it in the market made it stop working for my inspire for a few months, so I had to use an old version. I just installed new from market today and it works again. Still keeping that old apk just in case. I really like the new screen brightness swipe gesture.

Upvote 0
Galaxy S played most formats I through at it, I never felt the need to install another player.

The only issue I can remember was the inability to handle 5.1 encoded MKV files, thankfully the SGS2 video player does not have this problem.

But the best 3rd party players available are Moboplayer, Diceplayer and Rockplayer which are very much required on my Asus Transformer.

Upvote 0
i havent read all the way through so im just putting this out there, try MX video player, it plays a large variety of video files, subtitled videos, even along with flash vids

Tried MX Video. It will play the MTS files with no problem on Video, however audio stops part way through. Will have to play with settings, butthis is by far the best video player and easiest to use.

Upvote 0
I just finished reading this entire thread. Here is a summary of the video apps people have suggested above:

* MoboPlayer
* RockPlayer
* Vital Player
* VPlayer Pro
* ARC Media
* QQplayer
* Diceplayer
* MXPlayer

It is a nice list. From the posts in tread I have gleaned that QQPlayer is free, doesn’t have ads, and doesn’t require intrusive permissions.

How about the others?

People that use the others if you could please share if they are (A) Free, (B) Have Ads (especially note those with push ads) and (C) require internet permission?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones