• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to play .avi-.wmp-realplayer video on eris

From the Eris User's Guide:

Eris_media_formats.jpg

Looks like either transcoding (format conversion) or finding a video player app is in your future. Two different converters are MediaCoder (free, but a royal pain in the arse to use), and Android Converter (not so free - $40). You might also want to do a Google search such as "android media players" - there's even a couple of threads on this board about it (mixed results)

Smartphones are not PCs - remember it wasn't that long ago that an iPhone couldn't open PDF files or play Flash videos.

eu1

Upvote 0
From the Eris User's Guide:

Eris_media_formats.jpg

Looks like either transcoding (format conversion) or finding a video player app is in your future. Two different converters are MediaCoder (free, but a royal pain in the arse to use), and Android Converter (not so free - $40). You might also want to do a Google search such as "android media players" - there's even a couple of threads on this board about it (mixed results)

Smartphones are not PCs - remember it wasn't that long ago that an iPhone couldn't open PDF files or play Flash videos.

eu1
so if i convert files do i still need a market video player?...... if so, can you recommend one?

thanks

Upvote 0
I am playing around with the Real Player Converter (free edition) and have not had a lot of luck yet. So many different versions of H.264. :thinking:

Trying the Apple iPod H.264 version now...

Addition: iPod did not work so well. Have sound but no visuals. So far all the formats I've tried (per the user manual) have been epic failures.

Addition: I got iPod to work with these settings:

VIDEO DETAILS
Format: Apple h.264
Quality: Automatic
Resolution: 320x240 (low)

AUDIO DETAILS
Format: AAC
Quality: 128 kbps Stereo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones