1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

how to play music in my kia forte?Support

1. leecramer

leecramer New Member

Before my galaxy sii I owned an iphone. My kia forte has a usb and aux port under the radio dash. Kia sold a cord which connected my iphone to both ports at one time. Its used to show artist and song names on my radio screen dash. Wondering what the best way to hook up my samsung galaxy sii to my kia forte? Since apple's cord connector is not micro usb.

Is there an app, a cord, or do I have to connect my phone to two seperate cords?(usb and aux)
    :confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. wolfyboy359

wolfyboy359 Well-Known Member

Hi I would suggest just putting your music on a usb thumb drive and plugging in that way. Your car should read your music and be able to play automatically. Just tell it to go to the correct input (I don't have a Kia so I don't know which input it would be) but that works great in my Nissan. If not, you could use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable (you can get one at target or at amazon) and plug into your headphone jack on your phone and the aux input on your car. Hope that helps! Oh and be sure your usb drive is formatted to fat32 if you decide to use that.
  3. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

Why do you need to plug it into both? Just the USB works, at least on two of our family's cars, though there's no guarantee that the song list shows up on the screen, haven't exactly figured out a way to do that yet. But yeah, you can just hook it up to the AUX alone and play music off that...