How to play with Transform without activating?Support

Last Updated:

1. snovvman

snovvman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I won't be activating my newly received Transform for a couple of days. With any other Android phone, I am able to boot the phone, use WiFi, and play with it before activation.

The Transform is stuck at "Please wait while we set up your device services...". I cannot get the phone to boot into the Android home page. Also, I see in the manual that a Sprint ID is required after activation?

Does anyone know how to get the phone to a point so I can have a look around without activation?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. berger1980

berger1980 Active Member

A few of us had thought yo ucould bypass the setup of sprints ID svc. We were wrong, it has to be downloaded and used, at least the first time. I tried everything before act, and nothing would work, until you activated and downloaded an ID pack.

3. snovvman

I read on another forum that this tactic is described as "Sprintrizon", as it is akin to Verizon's control over their phones. Too bad, I always liked how Sprint, even with bloatware, didn't take over the phone as much Verizon with their apps.

4. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

You can uninstall the Sprint ID thing afterwards though. It does suck that you have to let it install in the first place. I've been to 2 different shops that didn't have a working display one on the floor and both places couldn't bypass the automatic activation thing to let me see the screen and play with it a bit.

5. snovvman

Yea it's too bad. For my Evo, I was able to use WiFi, register my gmail, and install all the apps before I ever activated it.

6. berger1980

berger1980 Active Member

I was actually going to uninstall the ID, but I still get weary when the popup comes up and basically says "you may need to reload your ROM." I'm going to leave mine.

7. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

i'm having second thoughts on getting this phone now. i'm waiting to see if sdx will support this phone. if i get this phone i'll probably get it rooted and flash to a rom without sprint id. i don't like the whole sprint control thing.

8. snovvman

Yes... "Sprintrizon"

9. Ryan92394

Ryan92394 New Member

Yes, you do need to download a sprint ID first to use it, but once youve installed one you can then remove it and go to the stock one called "My ID" I don't think it has a home launcher till you download it from sprint.

10. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

Download the "sprint" one, which is basically stock and no add other than the standard Sprint apps. After than install launcher pro and customize away. Works great and no lag at all. :)