• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to play Youtube videos?

Nah, shouldn't be due to missing Flash support. Even if you visit the website with your phone it should open the videos in the YouTube application. I tested this on my phone too - when I searched on the website it opened all of the videos without a hitch, but when I used the YouTube app's search and tried, half of the videos indeed didn't open, saying "This video cannot be played". Some of them worked fine though.

Anyone else having this problem? Could it be due to some videos being country-specific or something?

Upvote 0
Nah, shouldn't be due to missing Flash support. Even if you visit the website with your phone it should open the videos in the YouTube application. I tested this on my phone too - when I searched on the website it opened all of the videos without a hitch, but when I used the YouTube app's search and tried, half of the videos indeed didn't open, saying "This video cannot be played". Some of them worked fine though.

Anyone else having this problem? Could it be due to some videos being country-specific or something?

I have this problem too. I think it is network related as in the player does not think you have a fast enough connection at the time of request so it does not play. I say this because sometimes I get the message "This video cannot be played" and sometimes it plays, same video.

Upvote 0
I have this problem too. I think it is network related as in the player does not think you have a fast enough connection at the time of request so it does not play. I say this because sometimes I get the message "This video cannot be played" and sometimes it plays, same video.

You're right! Just checked this, and with my 2G connection a video wouldn't play, but when I connected to a WiFi network the same video played just fine. I've just never come across this before, earlier I've just watched some very, very laggy videos :) I guess this is their idea of "fixing" it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones