• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to properly format Desire before selling it off?

I'm about to sell my Desire for a Galaxy S tomorrow. However the last time i did a format through the settings, my desire wouldn't even boot.

I dont mind keeping the root as is... but want am currently using an 8GB sd card. I want to give the 4GB card that came with the phone.. so do i have to "prepare" the 4gb card in any way?

My most important concern is my stuff shouldn't be visible to the buyer... my stuff as in contacts,downloaded apps etc.

If the factory reset doesn't work, flash a generic rom onto it using rom manager. If you don't care about it having root access, use the one in the modaco r6 thread.

android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/307365/14-jun-r6-riskfreeroot-htc-desire-rooting-guide-now-with-hboot-0-80-and-os-to-1-21-support/

Just put the Rom on your SD card and in Rom manager, choose install from sd card.

If you use your 8GB card for this and you want to format the 4GB card, do this in the phone first

Reactions: twisted_mind
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones