How to pull photos from an Android phone into a Mac?

Last Updated:

1. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member

So I'm relatively new to Android, and I need to know how to get photos off of my phone and onto iPhoto (a Mac)? I've got a Sprint Hero.

When I connect a typical digital camera to my Mac, it automatically pulls up iPhoto, shows the photos on the camera and it's simple to import. However, when I connect my Hero to my Mac, that doesn't happen. Do I have to do something on my phone to get it to pull up iPhoto?

Thanks,
    -v

Advertisement
  2. jrau13

jrau13 New Member

This is what I did the other day on my wifes Galaxy S.

-Mount the phone onto the desktop as a Mass Storage, should look like a hard drive.
    -then find the Media or Photo file and just pull the pics from there to the desktop
    -then drag them into iPhoto

That's what I did and worked for me. Good luck!
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

You can always get a cheap MicroSD adaptor, put the card into it and connect to your Mac.
  4. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Yep... thats what I do.
  5. SamFan

SamFan New Member

Interested to read how to pull photos from Android phone into a Mac. Question - How do I mount my phone to Mac desktop as Mass Storage. Have connected bluetooth. If connect with USB, the battery starts charging. Help would be appreciated. SamFan
  6. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor Well-Known Member

Here is an answer. You can mount any Android as additional Mac disk with this app. Detailed information about SyncMate along with download links can be found here. Though Mount disk option is paid, SyncMate offers several free options like contacts and calendars sync, etc.
  7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

You should get a notification in the notification bar when connected via USB. Drag the bar down and choose to mount the card. Mounting to a Mac isn't any different than mounting to a PC, really.

Why is that a problem? Your device has a Li ion battery, right?