How to pull system ringtones/notifications off of phone to PC?

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Some custom ROMs have different ringtones. I have a "Ringtones" folder on my SD with my own, but the ROMs carry theirs internally and once you change ROMs, so do the ringtones.
    I haven't looked yet, but would they possibly be in the ROM zip file and could I just pull them out of the zip to my computer?
    I guess I will look now, but let me know if this is the right way or if something else works better.

Ultimately I would like to pull off all system ringtones so I can condense to my own and ones I have selected. It's overwhelming sometimes given that I don't and won't ever use 70% of the stock tones.
    Thanks
    Nick

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

You can use root explorer if you are rooted. System>media>audio>ringtones or notifications>mount r/w> long press on them and select move. Then paste them onto the root of your sd card and take'em off after mounting your phone to computer.

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Thanks for the top on where to go. I was able to do the same thing with Astro on my unrooted Droid.

Also, I would suggest using COPY instead of MOVE.

4. Thornfullessrose

He said he wanted them off his phone so he can have his own to select from so he would just want to MOVE the stock tones off. Not COPY and still have them there.

5. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Ah... I see I missed something there. My guess is that Astro probably wouldn't be able to delete the originals either, at least not without being rooted; and I don't want to test it for fear that it will work and I'll actually delete something.

Thanks again for the path information.

6. Thornfullessrose

Welcome, UncleMike

7. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

Yes, you can find the ringtones in the ROM zip.