• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to push all sounds to a bluetooth headset?

Traijan

Lurker
May 19, 2014
Is there a way to make all the sounds that normally come out of the kyocera rise to play in my universal bluetooth monaural earpiece?

Basically I wish to hear the navigation instructions through my bluetooth headset instead of the speaker on the back of the Kyocera Rise.

Is this somehow possible and if so, what do I need to do to get this working?

Thanks

What is this "long-press Home"?

I assumed that means that I'm supposed to press the home button at the bottom of my phone as long as I would if I were moving an icon around on my screen, however on this Kyocera Rise that does nothing. So, I tried this using the recent apps list instead but that didn't do anything either, I tried:

Run BTMono
Switch to Home screen by pressing the Home button on my phone
Run navigation app
Use recent apps list to switch to BTMono and turn it on
Use recent apps list to switch to navigation app and tell it to "go" to start navigation but no verbal instructions then come out of either the phone speaker or the bluetooth speaker in my ear.

It would seem that I'm screwing up missing this long-press thingy that doesn't seem to do anything on my phone or I'm not long-pressing in the right place maybe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones