How to put Samsung Note into PC Sync mode?Support

1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Well-Known Member

I have installed a program called MobilEdit (and the proper driver). It isn't recognizing my phone. It says to be sure my phone is in PC Sync Mode.

How is that done?

(This is my first day with actually trying to use anything Android.)

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I don't know what MobilEdit is, but it would help if you say what you are trying to do.

Samsung PC Sync mode is Kies mode, which is accessible via Menu>Settings>Wireless and network>USB mode
  3. Alex Ethridge

Sorry, this is my first day actually trying to do something with this Galaxy Note, or anything Android, for that matter. I'm graduating from Palm Treo 680.

MobilEdit: MOBILedit! - PC Suite for all phones

I want to use my desktop computer to do data entry to my Samsung Galaxy Note. I am open to any ideas that will help me do that.

I have also seen videos on using an Android phone as a computer using a standard PC desktop monitor, keyboard and mouse; but, all the videos I've seen assume a level of knowledge of Android, which I don't have at the moment. The Samsung manual for the Note is useless in these challenges.

What is "PC Sync Mode"? Is this a setting somewhere in the phone? If so, where is it?
  4. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I've had a look at MOBILedit and they don't list the Note as a supported device but they also state all Android phones running 1.5 and above are supported.

If they support all android phones running 1.5 and above this will not be through Samsungs own method of PC connection as not all Android phones use Samsung Kies.

I would suggest trying to mount the phone as a Mass Storage Device:

Running 4.0.X (ICS):

Settings > More... (under Wireless and network) > USB utilities > Connect storage to PC

Once mounted load up MOBILedit.

:::EDIT:::

I've found the instructions:

You need to install an app and enable USB debugging

5. Alex Ethridge

Yes, I found those instructions; but there is no "Development" item on my phone at the location where the instructions say I should find it. Also, there is no "Unknown Sources". It says to make sure the phone "is not in mass storage mode" but doesn't say where to find such a setting or how to change it if I were to find it:

6. bluenova

Don't worry about mass storage mode, it has to be specifically enabled.

If you using Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich you'll find developer options under settings, down the bottom and unknown sources is under Security. It won't work until you've enabled both these options because it's nessasery to install their app.
  7. Alex Ethridge

Well, it looks like the problem was in my computer. I started getting "Hardware ID Missing" error from Windows. After two days of beating my head against the wall, I finally decided to try some USB ports on the rear of the machine instead of the two on the front.

All is now well; problem is solved.

It seems those two front ports work for my Palm Treo 680, work for my several flash drives of different brands and capacities and for my scanner but for an unknown reason, not for my Samsung Galaxy Note.
  8. bluenova

Glad you got it sorted.