How to: Re-calibrate touch screenSupport

Last Updated: 2011-02-24 05:29:12
  1. KommanderKeen

KommanderKeen New Member

I've took a look around the forum, and other websites about this, and tried to follow directions given for other handsets, but I have not found a calibration tool for the Xperia X8. If my memory serves me right, I did do calibration test on the first start-up.

Is it possible to touch screen via fingernail? My X8 does not respond to it, no matter how hard I press. I am forced to splodge the middle of my thumb onto the screen and this is very, very inaccurate. Matters are not helped because I cannot use the end point of my thumb, because I play guitar, and have a longer fingernail.

Even if using a nail is impossible, I would like to re-do the calibration test and see if that improves things, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I have never seen a calibration tool on the phone other than within a third party keyboard application.

The screens are capacitive so therefore need your skin touching it to create the circuit so won't work with your nail. You can buy capacitive stylus but never tried one so can't comment on their usefulness, plus you would have to remember to have it with you all the time.
    HaN6787 likes this.
  3. suhel28

suhel28 Well-Known Member

You can use the tip of your index finger...
    I always use my thumb's tip... keep it at around 45 degree and not perpendicular