How to read mails offline?

Last Updated:

1. babloo75

babloo75 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any free open source software by which I can read my emails on HTC Tattoo without going online ( I mean after downloading it on my handset and read them at a later time when net isn't available).

Advertisement
  2. dark1ro

dark1ro Well-Known Member

Just add the mail widget to an empty screen. Hit the "+" select HTC Widget -> Mail , don't forget to configure the mail. Cheers

3. babloo75

doing so, it says : connection failed. this application requires network access. enable mobile network or wi fi to download data.

4. dark1ro

"after downloading it on my handset and read them at a later time when net isn't available"

Connect via WiFi, check mail, it will download automaticly the mail in your phone (after you configure your email account on the phone / see in settings to add a new mail account) and after that you can check them at any time.

5. babloo75

I did exactly this what you are saying. Using my yahoo mail account. I am able to read mails while wifi is on but once it is switched off, all the mails disappear and the page is blank with another window popping up saying: Connection failed..... (as above)

6. dark1ro

Ok. Now I understand what you are trying to do. The difference that i have, is that i have yahoo mail configured to use POP3, and after that i've configured the mail option from the phone to retreve automaticly the mail and read them when i want. That is the reason that you can not read the mails offline. You are trying to read the mail using the Browser, so when you disconnect, you cannot read them anymore because when disconnected,you have a blank page. No worry about that, because i will do a little research, on how to configure yahoo mail to be used by the phone mail.

7. dark1ro

Back With the Answer. I will show you a little trick that almost nobody knows about Yahoo Mail. You probably have set the mail to YAHOO US. To use POP3 on Yahoo US you have to Upgrade to Mail Plus.....BUT.....Yahoo POP3 is FREE on YAHOO ASIA. So all you have to do is to confiure Yahoo Mail to YAHOO ASIA. How do you do that: 1. Login to yahoo mail 2. In the right corner of the page clock Options and then select Mail Options 3. In the Option Page click Account Information 4. A new webpage will appear where you will be asked to enter your yahoo password again, enter the password and after that it will show you the mail options. 5. Scroll down a little and under the Account Settings you will see 2 options -Manage your Yahoo Aliases and Set language,Site and time zone, Click on the Set language,site and time zone- There you will see w options : 0 = Current Settings , 1 option : New Setting and 2nd Option : Time Zone. Click the NEW SETTING and Chose Yahoo ASIA. And then FINISH. After that it will apper a new Agreement, Chose I Agree. After these you have Free POP3 on Yahoo :D Now login again in yahoo mail. Go to Mail Options ->POP Forwording and Select WEB ACCESS and Forwording and the options that you want and Click SAVE. Now You just Configured the YAHOO MAIL.

8. dark1ro

Phone Config : Go to the MAIL WIDGET -> Enter mail-> It will ask to Connect (skip that by hitting Cancel), Press MENU select MORE -> NEW ACCOUNT-> Select OTHER(POP3/IMAP). Add the email adress YOUR_ID@yahoo.com, and password. If you are connected to Internet (recomanded) Hit Next. It will search for Automatic Settings and configure itself.

9. babloo75

Thanks, will try this and post here.