1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

how to REALLY boost the internal ear piece volume for in call??

1. Patsum

Patsum Well-Known Member

hey everyone

I am using a rooted droid x with Liberty 3 on it right now and it works well

can anyone tell me how to increase the volume of the earpiece during calls? NOT the speakerphone and not the headphone jack volume..

I tried DSP manager but it just says headset volume/phone speaker/bluetooth

The headset volume is for the headphone jack..the phone speaker is the speakerphone..and bluetooth..yeah

is there any way to increase the volume of the Earpiece for my X?

It is too quiet for me and is not blown..I promise.

I am rooted and on liberty 3 ROM

Advertisement
  2. osullivan1916

osullivan1916 Member

While on a call, you can adjust the volume using the volume rockers on the side of the phone.
  3. Patsum

Patsum Well-Known Member

thank you for the response but I must say...you may not quite understand my question.

I want to have the ear piece louder than the in call volume rocker allows. at it's maximum it is too quiet. I know HOW to adjust the volume in call. I am talking about how to boost/exceed that

Thank you for the response again
  4. spb21

spb21 Well-Known Member

clean the speaker screen.
  5. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Well-Known Member

You could try out Volume+ from the market. I haven't used it yet but it has an in-call (experimental) option.
  6. Patsum

Patsum Well-Known Member

sorry guys this may have not been worded well...I know since I am rooted that I can use the android software to control the volume to exceed regular volume limits...I just do not know how

it has nothing to do with cleaning the speaker screen
  7. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Can you clarify... has it EVER been loud enough? Do you have a hear deficit?
  8. cougar214

cougar214 Well-Known Member

Patsum You question has been answered. It was understood what you are trying to achieve. You want your in-call volume speaker to be louder so you can hear who you are talking to better. We got that.

The best answer was given to you by Ursus. You have to remember what you have on that X for a speaker to begin with. It's very tiny. You are going to be limited in how loud you can make the call volume.

Now Volume+ from the market CAN increase this volume but at the cost of quality and even at the cost of blowing that tiny little ear-piece speaker. This is a cell phone, not a home phone with a 2" speaker.
    VoidedSaint likes this.
  9. layler2000

layler2000 New Member

This is now my second Android 4. The first one had plenty of volume on the ear piece. THIS one is too quiet. I asked several people who all agreed. I swapped phones with people to compare the ear piece volumes between the two phones. EVERYONE agreed the Droid 4 phone is too quiet. I've seen this issue posted in another thread. My first Droid 4 gave me a weird "please change the battery to a Motorola battery, and quit working. I got this phone because it compared with the iPhone and has the pull out keyboard. But so far, nothing but trouble.