How to recover data?Support

Last Updated:

1. dlna

dlna New Member

Hi Everyone,

I know there are some other threads on this but my problem is slightly different.

My LG Thrill cannot get past the "Rethink Possible" screen. I've read the other threads on this site and tried running the phone in safe mode and clearing the cache (by holding down the volume up/down buttons and turning on the phone). However, I get the falling balls and the world with the "Rethink Possible" screen for a few seconds then the phone loops again and shows the same screen again.

In safe mode, I also saw the message that the "Google Services" has crashed.

My question is this: before I clear all user data (and restore to factory default), is there any way I can retrieve the data on the phone via my computer (via usb)? Not all data was saved to the MicroSD card.

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

i know with some phones when you factory reset some of the pictures/music are still on the phone. It just resets the factory settings and has your phone app free (what you downloaded).
  3. dlna

dlna New Member

You were 100% right. Factory reset left photos and a lot of other data in tact. I recovered the rest using Recuva Data Recovery Software. I think I got 95% of my data back! Thanks so much for the advice :)