• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to recover deleted pics/videos

Shain77

Lurker
Feb 16, 2014
OK I have a Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M. Acidentally deleted some pics and videos of my kid. Have been all over the "net, tried recovery apps, but always seem to be told me phone needs to be rooted before a recovery can be done. is this true? and if it is, where do I even get the drivers to root the phone (android 4.3)

Im not bad with a computer, but finding out how to do this is drivin me nuts..

Shain

OK I have a Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M. Acidentally deleted some pics and videos of my kid. Have been all over the "net, tried recovery apps, but always seem to be told me phone needs to be rooted before a recovery can be done. is this true? and if it is, where do I even get the drivers to root the phone (android 4.3)

Im not bad with a computer, but finding out how to do this is drivin me nuts..

Shain

No, it's not true, but it's not good news either. With Android 4.2, storage volumes have been virtualized which means most, if not all, recovery apps for reading volume sectors won't work. I'm afraid there's not much chance for recovering them. :(

Upvote 0
Did you have sync on? If you did, chances are that the pictures were backed up to Google +. I had a coworker who did the same thing. She didn't realize that Google + was backing up her pictures and she was able to find them all there. If you don't have sync on, I don't think there is much you can do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones