how to recover deleted pics?

1. caneaddict

caneaddict Well-Known Member

is there any way to recover a pic after i delete it?

Advertisement
  2. locus

locus Well-Known Member

assuming the pictures were saved to the Micro SD card then yes look for Card Recovery software, just Google it, if they were on the phone memory not sure, My Nokias there was a way.
  3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Astro is a good management app. I back up my info to the cloud with lookout (it's a good defense app)...there's also Droidbox
  4. fodd3r

fodd3r Active Member

hotrod4x5 likes this.
  5. IOwnGoogle

IOwnGoogle Active Member

If the data hasen't been overwritten on the card, the recovery software should work. So if it was only deleted recently and you haven't loaded it with stuff since, you should be fine.
  6. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

check ur thumbnail folder. For some reason the pics double up on me in there unless i manually delete
  7. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

I think theres an app that mounts the whole phone. Look for recovery software and try that. Otherwise just mount it and do it that way with the micro sd
  8. locus

locus Well-Known Member

I second Recuva, Just put the micro SD into an adapter into a PC use Recuva it will find deleted pictures, I have used it and works like a charm.
    hotrod4x5 likes this.
  9. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Well-Known Member

See this thread over at xda,.....

Deleted pics remain cache! - xda-developers

- the software mentioned is FREE!!!
    Cheers!

Lodger
  10. ZxRishixZ

ZxRishixZ Well-Known Member

11. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Did it..? Because that could be a real interesting story! :p
  12. lulu98

lulu98 New Member

how do u grt to the recover softwere?
  13. bluecomet

bluecomet New Member

I'm not able to mount phone as mass storage device in Win 7 x64 when in USB Debugging mode. It comes up as two drive letters but when I click on them they say "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk"
    Trying to recover files from an internal SD card of a Samsung Galaxy S.
  14. Basscasey

Basscasey Well-Known Member

Mine too! GREAT tool....worked flawlessly!
  15. hotrod4x5

hotrod4x5 Well-Known Member

Recuva also worked on photos deleted on my Captivate's internal memory.
  16. kaykhanittha

kaykhanittha Member

Recuva worked for me also !

Thanks !
  17. Macroscien

Macroscien New Member

I deleted also pictures from my SDCard and managed to recover with Recuva, no problems:), easy!
  18. Fsoares

Fsoares New Member

I sucessfully recovered all movies my daughter had erased with recuva, but the biggest one had already the beggining overwritten by thinkfree, even tough I tried to recover only a few minutes after the deletion (I wasn
  19. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

This may already have been suggested: Photos and gallery data gets backed up with MyBackupPro. If I know I've recently received or taken pics, etc that I know i want to keep, I do a backup with this app.
  20. silullu

silullu New Member

can it be used to recover deleted sms too?
  21. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

22. william44

william44 New Member

Well , try to connect memory card to the system and launch the recovery utility to restore all back
  23. Dark Polleke

Dark Polleke New Member

I have a samsung galaxy tablet. There is no sd card , only a instore storage device. Is there any way to get from there deleted pics? when i tried recuva it will not see my device, becouse my pc sees it al a mobile device instead of a mass storage
  24. bob332

bob332 New Member

Recuva saved my ass for some recording I made w/ RecForge - went to clean up the RecForge folder and move some files around - copied a couple recordings and then went into the appropriate folder and pasted - nothing showed and I went back to the main folder and the files showed up as the correct name but 0:00:00 and 0 bytes. These were saved to the internal 'sdcard' on a HTC Vivid. Mounted the HTC Vivid as a disk drive in win7/64 bit and within about 10mins (did the deep scan) there were some files that looked like they might be the ones that got fooked. Retrieved them to my computer and sure enough, they were the ones that somehow got 'lost' between a copy/paste.

HTC Vivid running ICS and the current version of Recuva as of this writing.
  25. drgnblood

drgnblood New Member

has anyone figured how to mount the s3 onto the computer as a drive and not a portable media!?