How to remount SD card with phone on?

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Something strange is going on here. I've removed and re-seated the SD card but when the phone boots up it says theres a problem and SD will be read only. Settings->Phone/SD storage says read only. Dropbox won't download anything because it cant find the SD card. However, EStrongs File Explorer and Root Explorer say it is read/write.

I think this happened because yesterday I put the sd card in my computer and the SD adapter I use automatically goes to 'read only' with a tab on the side when you push it in. I had put some tape on it to prevent that but I suppose it got loose, so I can't modify my SD card till I get home and can fix it with the SD adapter.

Unless someone knows of a way to do it in the phone....

Advertisement
  2. m6284505

m6284505 Well-Known Member

Maybe copy the SD card to the computer, format it, copy data back and see what happens?

cabbie likes this.
  3. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

that worked. I never formatted the card before and I've been using it heavily (creating big nandroids, deleting them after copying them to my PC, etc) since I got my Hero a year ago. Ive been told that doing that sort of thing on SSD drives like SD cards can eventually create hangups and that they even have a 10,000 read/write life to them