How to remove AT&T appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. heath240

heath240 New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 1, 2010
    just got my x10. How can I delete the AT&T apps that I will never use. I'm unable to go in and delete. WTF?

2. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    You will need to root your X10 to do this. Go to the All things root section to find out how :) or simply search Universal Androot on the market. But only install after you have done some research, as you could mess things up
  3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010

You are sadly discovering one of the joys of telephone carriers, and mobile manufacturers. You can use apps like Startup Auditor if it is available to you on the android market. It stops certain apps from starting and running.

Your other alternative would be to download something like ADW launcher from the market and use that to change the view of your app drawer so that you don't have to keep scrolling through loads of useless apps and just have in there what you want to see.

Cubz is absolutely right tho, the only way to remove them once and for all is to root the phone (which is out of my comfort zone tbh) but with the release of the new 2.1 Android update coming within the next few months there is an argument for staying as you are.

The other site that offers loads of info on rooting is XDA Developers.

If you have any more questions, have a look through the forum and if you can't find what you are looking for, then ask away. Look forward to seeing you around.