Last Updated: Dec 28,2010
Can someone please tell me how to remove the battery door?
lodge your nail into the slit at the top near the power button, and pull the battery door off. Don't be afraid if it feels weird. I kept trying to be nice with mine the first time I tried to take the battery door off but eventually had to just pull it off and hope for the best, and it worked. Didn't break or anything.
Thanks. I didn't want to break it.
I slowly 'walk' my finger under the cover starting from the top left and moving down the left side until I get back to the top right side of the cover.
Oh yeah - it was scary going around that top right corner at the headphone opening. That change in contour was resisting a clean slide.
Yeah, I'm still scared going under that headphone jack. I have no idea what to do. I'm taking it off now and I'm just trying to wiggle it off.
Ok, so what worked was going back and placing my finger under the left side and prying it off there. Thats not right because it seems to snap off rather than 'glide' off.
Im sure I'll have to in for another battery door in a few months...
If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
just pull from the notch thats provided then with your other finger start pulling from any point that is also lifted. its not rocket science. please don't let your smartphone battery cover be smarter than you. remember it's whats inside the phone that is supposed to be "smart", not the battery cover.
I am waiting for someone to start a tread called "I just broke my battery cover". lol. I hate taking that thing off. They should have made a better back. I hope they make plenty of extras because I know if I don't break mine somebody will.
Okay, here's how I do it when I have to or if someone wants to see the inside of the phone and how red it really is.
1. Place your fingernail, a dime, or anything that fits in the red slit right under the headphone jack, and slowly pry it up until you hear it pop open.
2. Keep lifting up until the top leading edge is now up and revealing some of the insides of the phone.
3. Run your fingernail right along the edge of the back cover, all the way around on every side. It will EASILY (no pushing or cramming needed) pop up, and you can remove the back by simply grabbing it and lifting.
1. Line up the bottom edge with the bottom of the phone.
2. Slowly, just pushing with your thumb or fingers, just keep working your way up to the top of the phone while stopping often and pushing down with enough force until you feel it pop into place.
3. Once it's visibly in place, take your thumb, and while pressing with some force, run your finger along the entire border of the back cover, making sure everything is in place and secure.
At this point, you'll look at the phone and murmur to yourself, "Wow, that was easy! Thanks, foodman, for saving me from buying another OEM back cover!". At which point, I will feel the success through telepathic beta waves, and take a bow.
Page 12 of the manual...
The battery cover is so thin. But I've taken it off twice now and its a bit tougher than it looks. Just be real easy with it..Thefoodman52 spells it out perfectly.
And yeah, everybody's gotta see the red
just slip your nail in and take it off, don't be afraid you won't break it, it's like a flexible plastic and doesn't break too easily, you'd really have to do a number to your back to break something on it
yea, just pull it off!
Nice instructions foodman! I just installed my battery...much easier than I thought. But I will warn others who are new, when I popped off the cover, it pretty much made all kinds of snapping sounds like everything was cracking apart, so don't panic! It's just the tabs coming out of their holes.
honestly just rip it off. it wont break. when i take it off i just pull it real fast and it snaps right off.
Oh boy gravedigging. ;-)
Separate names with a comma.