How to remove Clockwork...

1. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member

The title says it.

Verizon Samsung s4
    kernel: 3.4.0-562219
    build:jdq39.I545vruamdk
    clockworkmod recovery v6.0.3.2

Been looking around and cant find specific ways of uninstalling Clock.

Advertisement
    :
  2. zimlokks

zimlokks Well-Known Member

the most likely way will be to odin it back on.
    ackoolness likes this.
  3. ackoolness

Do you know where I can get the stock build from? I figure if I flash the stock back on, then it would all go back to stock, right? My problem is that I cannot find 'update.zip' from. :\
  4. zimlokks

zimlokks Well-Known Member

they will all be in a .tar format and ment to be used with odin. what version of the s4 do you own?
    ackoolness likes this.
  5. ackoolness

Hey thanks for helping out btw.

I have a verizon s4, I attached a capture of the 'About Phone' menu, if that helps.

Attached Files:

6. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

i dont keep up with the verizon version, but I would take a look at this
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2289325

youre going to have to odin back to stock, and you will lose all of your data. i think that is probably the right thing, but youll have to read through it and make sure
  7. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

Cwm is just a recovery, you can flash the stock recovery if you wanted to remain rooted, assuming you are rooted? How did you get the recovery on the phone?

All you need to do is find the stock Rom from sammobile and flash it using Odin, this will keep all data etc but will remove root, if rooted and will replace cwm with stock recovery!
  8. sntaylor

Flashing stock Rom is the same as upgrading through kies, it's non wipe, unless you choose to wipe prior to flashing! :)
  9. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

im not sure about this, sure kies takes you to stock, but odin restores recovery, modem and stuff stock phones should never need restored. so i highly doubt kies does anything except a factory reset
  10. sntaylor

Think your misunderstanding me :)

What I mean is, as a comparison...

You can upgrade officially via kies, doing so does not wipe your phone, does not factory reset or anything else, it merely upgrades the firmware etc.

Now If the op wants to get rid of his chosen custom recovery and install stock recovery, he can do so by flashing a stock Rom via Odin, doing so will restore stock recovery and everything else done during an upgrade over kies, this will not delete any apps or any other data :)
    ackoolness likes this.
  11. sntaylor

Btw I'm not suggesting that the op uses kies to get rid of the recovery as I don't believe that'd work!I was only ever using it as a comparison method :)
  12. ackoolness

Thanks!!! I followed your link and was able to get a hold of a Verizon Stock Build. Used Odin, and clockwork was removed. Im taking this phone back for other issues so I really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for your input as well!