• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to remove duplicate entries in contacts?

I have this issue too. Only good thing about the stock contacts.apk is it'll join all the duplicate contacts. But it's still frustrating.

Anyone have an app that'll combine your sync'd Facebook contacts with your phone's contacts and then have one entry from all sources?

Rather then me having couple hundred contacts showing up 2 or 3 times?

Upvote 0
Like others have said, move all your contacts to Google, then if you have any duplicates within Google go to Google Contacts on the web and use the merge function there to combine them in bulk. Then if you want you can delete your contacts from the phone storage. On the HTC Desire it's quite easy to delete contacts in bulk, I don't know about your phone, but you shouldn't have to do them individually.

Upvote 0
I would love to keep them all on google. Only problem is is that my google account his like 500 "contacts" which are emails i've emailed before. I don't want all these emails as contacts.

On the HTC Desire, there is an option to display only contacts with phone numbers (menu / view). This hides all the email only Gmail contacts from People. Don't know if there is something similar for your Sammy?

Upvote 0
On the HTC Desire, there is an option to display only contacts with phone numbers (menu / view). This hides all the email only Gmail contacts from People. Don't know if there is something similar for your Sammy?

Yes I see what you're saying about that In the display settings for contacts. But then the only problem is in my other apps such as GO SMS! or other apps that search contacts, the email contacts aren't hidden from there. So when I'm searching contacts in other applications I get a list of like 9000 names :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones