• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to remove dust from screen?

gh0atd

Dec 28, 2009
Hey all, I currently am having a build-up of dust underneath the outerscreen. I did see this thread (Dis-assembly), however I am wanting to stay away from that. Is there a good way to remove screen with an air duster? Using a specific method? I will be heading into the Sprint Store tomorrow to see what all they can do, but I don't really want to have to re-root my phone again, especially if I get a phone that may already be setup to not be rooted (New firmware/software package) perhaps.

Or should I stick to just to taking the device apart and going that route?

Yeah. The sprint store won't be a problem, as long as the tech that I always use, who is pretty cool, is there.

I would like to find a way to solve the issue permanently compared to a temporary fix, which is why I ask. Obviously, to do this, I would have to disassemble the phone, but I want a temp fix just so it isn't annoying to me anymore.

Upvote 0
If you read the thread, you will see there is a white sticker on the screws. You can feign innocence, or try to find a way to cover it up.

Either way, yeah, morally, ethically and physically you have voided you warranty.

I think he would be justified "morally" and "ethically" since it's Sprint's fault for 1) selling a device with a problem and 2) refusing to acknowledge that problem and take 10 minutes to clean out the dust.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones