How to remove/edit gmail account in Galaxy Ace?Support

Last Updated: 2013-01-30 06:27:45
  1. suffocater

suffocater Member

Is there a way to remove or edit the google account on this phone? my wife borrows my phone the use her account to access her gmail account and now it won't stop from sending updates. can i delete it or replace it with my own gmail account WITHOUT using factory reset coz it would wipped out all my files? it would help me a lot if you can help me. thanks!!!

Advertisement
  2. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Perform factory reset! Everything on the phone delete except the SD card. Or if you need to remove your wife Google account on market app, then clear its data and cache. Likewise you can apply all the apps.
  3. suffocater

suffocater Member

awwww... i guess i have no choice. thanks mate!!!
  4. wearethestorm

wearethestorm Well-Known Member

Can you not add a second gmail account, sync that one and turn off sync for the account you don't want to use? Or does that not work?
  5. suffocater

suffocater Member

tried that one but unfortunately it's not working
  6. socrates0

socrates0 Well-Known Member

Go to
    Mackinon likes this.
  7. oldchick70

oldchick70 Active Member

8. socrates0

restart the phone & check again & manually remove the photos you want to remove.
  9. oldchick70

oldchick70 Active Member

Did that and there was no option to delete.
    These are Picasa Web album and Blogspot photos.

I did a very nervous factory reset and they have gone but I've unchecked all the Google settings, for the time being, anyway!

Thanks for your help :)
  10. socrates0

Welcome :)
  11. tintu

tintu New Member

From SETTINGS choose Accounts and Sync.there you can see your account and tap on it.On the bottom an option to Remove account will be there.Tap it.