• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to remove email notification sound while keeping phone ring?

I want to keep my phone on at night in case of emergency phone calls, but haven't figured out how to disable the email notification sound. Therefore, incoming emails are waking me up at the expense of the ability to hear if the phone rings.

Must be a simple solution?
i got the L70 and how turn off the sound in the email like yahoo is settings, general,accounts & sync,email,then your account,email it should have check box for synced and press it and that should do it. the gmail has been taking care in the first answer.

Upvote 0
To change your ringtone in gmail, open the app, hit menu, select more-settings-select the account-scroll down to"labels to notify". Select inbox and it will allow you change your ringtone, there is even a option for silent. That should fix your problem. The options are there, they just hid then in the newer updates.
created an account just to say this is the best solution. simpler steps:
settings, select email account, tap "inbox sound and vibrate", tap " sound ", select " none".

note: you'll have to do it for every registered email account if you want to silence them all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones